Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 13: Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

------

Jett Luchanko's Player Profile​

Adam Kimelman - NHL.com - June 11th: "Luchanko (5-11, 187) is an explosive skater who can contribute on the power play and penalty kill. When injuries and graduations to pro hockey forced the 17-year-old into a larger role this season, Luchanko responded with a team-high 74 points (20 goals, 54 assists) in 68 games; he had 14 points (five goals, nine assists) in 46 games last season."

Mike Morreale - NHL.com - June 11th: "The right-handed shot, is smart and tenacious on pucks, and had 33 power-play points (30 assists) in 68 games. He can play center or wing and finished among the top five in six of 10 on-ice categories at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in January, placing first in reaction with puck and second in transition ability with puck."

Chris Peters - Flo Hockey - June 3rd: "He has tremendous versatility in addition to having the skill to be a middle-six scorer. He’s defensively responsible, aggressive off the puck and has a good motor. Luchanko is a quick forward with good skating ability and can close on pucks well."

Scott Wheeler - The Athletic - June 3: "Luchanko’s an average-sized player with above-average skill and impressive skating ability, but it's his on-ice intelligence and knowhow that defines him. He’s also a superb athlete (one of the better in the draft), who performed exceedingly well at the combine. He understands timing, spacing and puck movement at a very advanced level, always finding his way into good spots."

Corey Pronman - The Athletic - May 28th: "As a smaller forward, whether his offense is special enough is a minor question but it lessened for me over the course of the season. He looks like a potential third line center or second line wing."

Steven Ellis - Daily Faceoff - May 28th: "For a while, I was worried he was too small – 5-foot-11, 170 pounds. And, yeah, I’d like to see more muscle here. But after he put up more than 50 assists this year, his vision and hockey IQ are worth getting excited about."

Hadi Kalakeche - Dobber Prospects - Apr. 20th: " The defensive game, athleticism, intelligence and skating ability were there from the jump, but the offensive upside was the big limiting factor in his game. As we’ve continued to track his progress, however, there have been brighter and more frequent flashes of high-end playmaking in Luchanko’s game, setting the table for a meteoric rise on our board."

Tony Ferrari - The Hockey News - Apr. 15th: "Luchanko isn’t a flashy player; he just makes the right play at the right time and consistently generates positive results. He doesn’t waste chances by throwing pucks on net from above the circles or out by the boards."

Last edited by a moderator:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
FAdDO5MVkAA37do

Detached bemusement is a way of life.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Not a fan of this pick with the players on the board. Big whiff from Danny but I’d love to be proven wrong. Nothing against the player, there were just better options. I’ll remain optimistic though

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I like his name. That is about the best I can say.
I cannot believe they passed on Zeev to reach like this.
I mean yeah I can believe it, but god damnit.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad