GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Honestly, I feel like I'm in the movie idiocricy. He's not the problem but he isn't part of the solution right now. And unlike Stanley or other turds on skates who have sucked ass, our team isn't built around those players and giant contracts.

I have no idea how this is so hard to grasp./

They pay him 8.5 so now he can’t allow any goals? Good point.
When the team is built and structured around Helle, maybe they need to actually play that system if you want to do your usual pile on the goalie shtick.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Wanted to watch the game but some feeling today made me think like I should check the score before tuning in
Glad I’m didn’t invest myself to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: rkp and sipowicz

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Some of the players will pack up and get out of this city as fast as possible when the Jets get eliminated leaving with a full bank account to sooth their sadness on the beaches of some Caribbean Is.

Reactions: sipowicz

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not a playoff roster . I said that all regular season.
The rentals are taking on the personality of the regulars

Monahan has always been a soft floater. He gets points and can connect some plays but he doesn't hit or battle or defend. He battles with his stick and can create some turnovers but lacks all intensity. This was known pre-trade :laugh:.

Toffoli is slow but he scores points and is good in transition and finding weak spots created by better players. But add them together and you have one of the slowest scoring lines in the playoffs if not the slowest, with two guys who don't dig the puck out or get engaged physically trying to create.

Walkingtalkingeye

Mar 28, 2012
It's times like these the people in my life that think they are.helping say things like "well they had a great regular season", "there can only be one winner" and " some teams don't even make the playoffs consistently".

My response is always the same: if this is how you are going to perform in the playoffs every year, what is even the point? Lose, sure, but at least show up!
At least they showed up in the regular season this year. Last year felt like a waste of time and money. I had fun watching the team this year. Just sucks that it looks like they're gonna get blown away in the playoffs.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Some of the players will pack up and get out of this city as fast as possible when the Jets get eliminated leaving with a full bank account to sooth their sadness on the beaches of some Caribbean Is.
You're implying some kind of hustle, from this squad?

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Said before the series even started, Jets players are never invested in the playoffs, haven’t been since 2018!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The same issues we faced all year, mostly terrible special teams, have not been fixed.
We didn’t deserve to win game one so essentially this could have easily been a Fort game sweep.
Credit to the avalanche who have badly out played us.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
Game would be closer if not for the week calls, probably still lose but at least would be better to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad