GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Got to actually be able to kill penalties. We shouldn’t be too scared about being a man short occasionally, and keep playing hard.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Tree you idiot
images

• Haha
Reactions: Fatdrunk

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm feeling this very strongly.

I've been a die hard, one team fan of the Jets for every second of their existence in the nhl.

I've been through extremely dark times with this team - playing under the shadow of the Oilers, the macoun crosscheck on Hawerchuk, the popcorn incident, losing the team.

However, through all those times the team always did the best they could and it showed.

It has been a real slog watching this team the past 5 years. So much frustration and disappointment.

I can take a team that is less talented, and gives its all but falls short, but I can't accept a team that has no mental fortitude.

For me the worst part is this isn't new, we've seen this collapse under pressure over and over and over.

Thinking a bunch of vets are going to suddenly figure it out is naive at best. I know it will never happen but if bet a guy like Sydney Crosby could straighten these guys out.

Add all of that to my Supreme hate for the nhl and I'm just wondering what's next?

It's a pretty empty feeling honestly.

All season I was enjoying the winning - but holding my breath waiting for the inevitable collapse. It appeared to have happened in the 2nd half of the season, but then they rebounded. They never quite got back to the level of their best play in the first half season, but they got close. I was genuinely optimistic going into the PO, despite knowing that our path to the WCF would be a very tough one.

Then came the first 3 games of this PO series. Even though we won the first game, it was a weird one that did not instill confidence. Then 2 bad losses. No sign of the smothering defense or the offense from that defense.

A loss today all but slams the door. I don't know how much more I can take. I've been joking all year about having PTSD from the last few years, last year especially. But I think there is at least a little reality to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad