Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.

Bullshit. I witnessed three Winnipeg Jets championships.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I fully expected not to see Myers on the ice today, get the "game time decision" tag, and then not play on Tuesday. If he's walking in with the team and even gets on the ice, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I fully expected not to see Myers on the ice today, get the "game time decision" tag, and then not play on Tuesday. If he's walking in with the team and even gets on the ice, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

He’ll play. Twice this season he looked dead on the ice and returned in the same game

Reactions: GNP and Huffer

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.
Holy lame lament Batman! :blah:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I think your dead wrong here Jimmy !!! we have never had as talented a team as the Jet's team Chevy has assembled here. They will beat the Wild--may take 6-7 games, but the Jet's will "prevail."-- I have no doubt.

The next series though-vs Nashville is a coin toss- and I rate our chances at 50 -50.

I notice you didn't mention the late 70's Jets with Bobby Hull and the guys who won a Championship.( Avco Cup) This has nothing to do with a Winnipeg jinx or something--- we've just never had the people at the executive level to recruit the right players, and also a good coach.

This team has a "special magic" about it.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose.

What the hell does a team from 2-3 decades ago have to do with this team? Other than the name, there's absolutely no connection.

And even if there was a connection: what about the Avco Cups?

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

That is such great news--I hope he's ready to go for Tuesday's game. We need Myers on the back end. I thought it may be he just bruised his knee cap, that can be quite painful, and I hope I'm right. I also saw him walking around in the tunnel after the injury with no assistance. Love to see Tyler go all the way thru these playoffs wit the Jets.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
We could really use a dominant outing from Scheif in this one. I would like to see the mid-season, pre-injury version please. That guy was a difference maker. He looks a bit off and kind of tentative. Hopefully just adjusting to the pace?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
You know what I hate.... pinheads on SN or any channel saying that just because some players father was a great player and a great person, then his son that is currently playing, must also be of the same ilk and could never be some dipshit out to hurt someone. :mad: Guess what? Your wrong...

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He’ll play. Twice this season he looked dead on the ice and returned in the same game

That is totally correct --as I remember Myer's laying on the ice, right beside the Goal Net, looking like he was dead to the world. He stayed down for about 5 minutes. I don't know if he returned that game, but the next one he did. ( was about 2 months ago) Likely that's what Aavco is referring to.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pre practice Soccer. I think I need to get some “drivers wanted” merch. I hope they make it available

538_F560_E-_A12_A-4776-8924-1280_B99_BD4_DB.jpg

15_B7_B6_C5-_AF8_B-45_C3-_B0_F9-2_A11_B2_FDBC2_D.jpg

A4_BF616_E-_B68_C-458_D-_B314-12_AA69_C7_D785.jpg

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
And to a lesser extent, Armia. Not sure if he's capable of another gear but it would be great if he could find one.

I'd like to see the "whole team" including Helle, step it up a couple notches and empty the tank on Tuesday evening, and deliver the "final kill shot"-- or just about. It's time for the Jet's to step up their game now !!!

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

You obviously haven't watched more than a few games this year, every time they stumbled they came back strong. No doubt in my mind they come out tomorrow and play the way that got them to 2nd place in the league.

Reactions: Jack722

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
You obviously haven't watched more than a few games this year, every time they stumbled they came back strong. No doubt in my mind they come out tomorrow and play the way that got them to 2nd place in the league.
and even if they lose, it's still a best of 7 series.
some people here gotta chew on a xanax on calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad