Series Discussion Round 1 - Dallas vs Vegas

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
It's clear speed is important to combat Vegas size.

I thought a reason Dallas was more dangerous last night was being a faster team.

I think we have to keep the same forward line up.

The speed additions of Smith and Delleandrea allowed an important 4th line forecheck.

Even if Mush and Faksa are ready. I think Game 4 needs to be no change to personnel. Not to say there isn't a place for those 2, but for now I think we need to use speed as a weapon

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Sean reported in the Spits podcast that he doesn't think either Faksa or Much are close enough for Game 4 or even possibly Game 5.

Hankappaa isn't on the trip either.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
This team won’t go far playing 5 defenders. If one gets hurt in game you are screwed. If it goes to multiple OTs you can’t grind 5 guys. This lindkivst thing is strange. Either play him or sit him and play someone else.

I don’t give Nill a pass either. He should have gotten another Defenseman at the deadline. He had to know Pete was going to do this to Nils.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
the Nils thing does really feel like honka all over again. Which isnt a statement about whether i think he should be playing. If I had a nickel for every 5’11 European PMD picked in the first round that placed bronze in their U18 year at WJC and ended up in a Stars’ coach’s doghouse, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it weird that it happened twice.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
the Nils thing does really feel like honka all over again. Which isnt a statement about whether i think he should be playing. If I had a nickel for every 5’11 European PMD picked in the first round that placed bronze in their U18 year at WJC and ended up in a Stars’ coach’s doghouse, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it weird that it happened twice.
But, but he’s 6’1” per the official site :p

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
With Lundquist obviously in the doghouse, is Bischel eligible for the NHL playoffs?

I'm no CBA expert but I don't see why he shouldn't. Signed his ELC long ago during the offseason. Will be interesting to see which team he's gonna join. He should be eligible for both. I don't think the Stars are gonna be eager to play him during this year's NHL playoffs with Bichsel having not played a single regular season game...but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm no CBA expert but I don't see why he shouldn't. Signed his ELC long ago during the offseason. Will be interesting to see which team he's gonna join. He should be eligible for both. I don't think the Stars are gonna be eager to play him during this year's NHL playoffs with Bichsel having not played a single regular season game...but I could be wrong.
I'd also say if he's not on a plane to the US today, this might be a good sign the Stars told him to enjoy his off-season and not report to either team.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
The twisted irony of Hakanpaa being hurt for a series he'd actually be somewhat usable in and possibly (if we advance) returning to face the absolute worst matchup imaginable for him ...

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The twisted irony of Hakanpaa being hurt for a series he'd actually be somewhat usable in and possibly (if we advance) returning to face the absolute worst matchup imaginable for him ...

Yes and no, I'll take Hakanpaa against Trenin, Wood, Duhaime, Kiviranta, etc. they have some beefy guys up front.

But yeah we are f***ed with their top guys on the ice against him.

Reactions: Satan

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Yes and no, I'll take Hakanpaa against Trenin, Wood, Duhaime, Kiviranta, etc. they have some beefy guys up front.

But yeah we are f***ed with their top guys on the ice against him.
I am pro-"Nils playing more" but if he or Hak are on the ice against the top Avs players, I don't think it matters which one of them it is, we in trouble.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I am pro-"Nils playing more" but if he or Hak are on the ice against the top Avs players, I don't think it matters which one of them it is, we in trouble.

I think Nils would do better than Hakanpaa, but he isn't allowed to get his rhythm which is a major problem. Playing a guy such little minutes just means he is cooling off on the bench and losing confidence so its hard to come in and just play.

Like in the last game, when he stumbled going back and then got stuck in the defensive zone that wouldn't happen if he was playing 12 mins a night and was getting regular shifts. In his extremely limited minutes he has been fine for me this series, I would like to see the guy at least get 5-8 minutes. 1-2 minutes is just silly.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I think Nils would do better than Hakanpaa, but he isn't allowed to get his rhythm which is a major problem. Playing a guy such little minutes just means he is cooling off on the bench and losing confidence so its hard to come in and just play.

Like in the last game, when he stumbled going back and then got stuck in the defensive zone that wouldn't happen if he was playing 12 mins a night and was getting regular shifts. In his extremely limited minutes he has been fine for me this series, I would like to see the guy at least get 5-8 minutes. 1-2 minutes is just silly.
I guess it depends on how much Hakanpaa actually recovers. But I very much agree that Nils' current usage is actively making it harder for him to play well. He must be so nervous on his shifts because he knows if they are not stellar they may be his last of the game. When you consider how little he has played, it makes his few shifts even more impressive because he has managed to be noticeable in a positive way with extremely limited ice time.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I love this from you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad