Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Final Czech Republic NT roster:
Goalies:

Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg Jets - NHL)
Alexander Salák (SKA St. Petersburg - KHL) *
Pavel Francouz (Verva Litvínov - Czech Tipsport Extraliga) *

Defenseman:

Petr Čáslava (Severstal Cherepovets - KHL)
Jan Hejda (Colorado Avalanche - NHL)
Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix Coyotes - NHL) Alternate captain
Ladislav Šmíd (Edmonton Oilers - NHL)
Zdeněk Kutlák (Ambri-Piotta - Swiss National League A)
Jakub Krejčík (Lev Praha - KHL)
Marek Trončinský (Yugra Chanty Mansijsk - KHL) *
Jakub Nakládal (Lev Praha - KHL)

Forwards:

Jiří Tlustý (Carolina Hurricanes - NHL) *
Jakub Voráček (Philadelphia Flyers - NHL)
Jiří Hudler (Calgary Flames - NHL)
Tomáš Fleischmann (Florida Panthers - NHL)
Martin Hanzal (Phoenix Coyotes - NHL)
Radim Vrbata (Phoenix Coyotes - NHL) Alternate captain
Zbyněk Irgl (Dynamo Minsk - KHL)
Jiří Novotný (Lev Praha - KHL) Captain
Petr Hubáček (JYP Jyväskylä - Finnish SM-liiga)
Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha - Czech Tipsport Extraliga) *
Jan Kovář (Metallurg Magnitogorsk - KHL) *
Petr Koukal (Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk - KHL)
Petr Vrána (Lev Praha - KHL) *
Petr Tenkrát (Rytíři Kladno - Czech Tipsport Extraliga)

* First appearance on a World Championship.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I expect Jakub PetružÃ¡lek to join the team soon, Kvapil is unlikely since he doesn't like Hadamczik but he looked really good with PetružÃ¡lek in play-offs. What about Filip Novák? Do you think he's good enough to make the team? I have no idea how he played this season in KHL.

Just guessing who could arrive from NHL.

Potential players: Voráček, Eliáš, Židlický, Tlustý, Fleischmann, Vrbata, Hanzal (gotta admit I want to see him with Czech team so damn much), Klesla, Z. Michálek, Hemský, Šmíd, Červenka, Kuba, Hejda, Kindl (but I think Detroit will make the play-offs).

This is very good group of players. It's gonna be interesting who will be willing to come. Since it's already not even a single year to Olympics and there wasn't a full season in NHL, I think the most of players should have interest. Good sign is that from what I hear a lot of these players already said they would like to join the team.

It's great to see we got a ton of new youngsters in NHL who are having a great rookie season, wouldn't be so bad to take a look at them more, especially at Radko Gudas and Ondřej Palát.

My thoughts about who will come:
Locks: Voráček, Hemský, Tlustý, Šmíd, Z. Michálek, Červenka
Maybe: Eliáš, Židlický, Klesla, Fleischmann, Hanzal, Vrbata
Unlikely: Kuba, Hejda.

Well, of course that I'd want all of these 'Maybe' to join the team too but I think it's not possible to add 12 NHL players especially in this year.

We need an all-star caliber player and a great captain in one person so adding a guy like Eliáš would be awesome for the team.

Last edited:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I expect Jakub Petružálek to join the team soon, Kvapil is unlikely since he doesn't like Hadamczik but he looked really good with Petružálek in play-offs. What about Filip Novák? Do you think he's good enough to make the team? I have no idea how he played this season in KHL.

Just guessing who could arrive from NHL.

Potential players: Voráček, Eliáš, Židlický, Tlustý, Fleischmann, Vrbata, Hanzal (gotta admit I want to see him with Czech team so damn much), Klesla, Z. Michálek, Hemský, Å míd, Červenka, Kuba, Hejda, Kindl (but I think Detroit will make the play-offs).

This is very good group of players. It's gonna be interesting who will be willing to come. Since it's already not even a single year to Olympics and there wasn't a full season in NHL, I think the most of players should have interest. Good sign is that from what I hear a lot of these players already said they would like to join the team.

It's great to see we got a ton of new youngsters in NHL who are having a great rookie season, wouldn't be so bad to take a look at them more, especially at Radko Gudas and Ondřej Palát.

My thoughts about who will come:
Locks: Voráček, Hemský, Tlustý, Å míd, Z. Michálek, Červenka
Maybe: Eliáš, Židlický, Klesla, Fleischmann, Hanzal, Vrbata
Unlikely: Kuba, Hejda.

Well, of course that I'd want all of these 'Maybe' to join the team too but I think it's not possible to add 12 NHL players especially in this year.

We need an all-star caliber player and a great captain in one person so adding a guy like Eliáš would be awesome for the team.

Petružálek and Novák won't join the team, both have healthy issues. Eliáš and Židlický most likely won't as well because they still don't have new contract signed and they don't want to risk injury (They themselves said so).
On the other hand, Hadamczik earlier said he agreed with Fleischmann and Kuba to come.
I expect Voráček, Tlustý and Å míd to come as well and if Phoenix doesn't make the play offs I hope for Hanzal, Z.Michalek, Vrbata and Klesla.
As for the youngesters (Palát, Gudas, Kundrátek, Horák..), Hadamczik said he wasn't really interested in them since they are still very young and they aren't proven in national team and since there's no time to try them before the start of the WHC they probably won't be invited (which I understand but I think at least Gudas should get some attention, I would really love to have that kind of guy on our team)

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Hadamczik clearly said he will rather bring players from Europe, rather than those youngsters from NHL which is kinda sad (but understandable) because I think that defense is the part of the team that will be the problem.
We always had enough good forwards to fill the (12 - 14 players) roster. But D on the other hand will be very weak IMO.

Last edited:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So current roster:

Goaltenders:
Alexandr Salák (Färjestad, Å védsko), Jakub Kovář (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice), Pavel Francouz (HC VERVA Litvínov).

Defensemen:
Jakub Nakládal, Jakub Krejčík (oba HC Lev Praha, KHL), Petr Čáslava (Čerepovec, KHL), Tomáš Mojžíš (Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Marek Trončinský (Chanty-Mansijsk, KHL), Jan Kolář (Doněck, KHL), Zdeněk Kutlák (Ambri-Piotta, Å výcarsko),Tomáš Voráček (HC Vítkovice Steel), Karel Kubát (HC VERVA Litvínov).

Forwards:
Jiří Novotný, Petr Vrána, Tomáš Rachůnek, Jiří Sekáč (vÅ¡ichni HC Lev Praha, KHL), Zbyněk Irgl (Minsk, KHL), Petr Hubáček (Jyväskylä, Finsko), Lukáš KaÅ¡par (Doněck, KHL), Michal Vondrka (Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Petr Koukal (Nižněkamsk, KHL), Milan GulaÅ¡ (Magnitogorsk, KHL), Tomáš Hertl (HC Slavia Praha), Petr Tenkrát, Ivan Rachůnek (oba HC Sparta Praha), Lukáš Pech (HC Energie Karlovy Vary).

Hadamczik said he is interested in 4 guys from Extraliga final (2 from Zlín and 2 from Plzeň). So I guess Holík, Zámorský and Kovář, Straka.
I just hope NHL guys will be healthy because the current roster doesn't look comforting to me at all, especially the defense.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Yeah, we have plenty of good shutdown defenseman in the NHL same like in the KHL, that's not the problem. But what's the problem is that we need to get offensive defenseman, skilled and puck-moving d-man for PP who will get some points. The last ones at high level we had - Marek Židlický and Tomáš Kaberle, both old and Kaberle healthy scratch for Montreal ... But I think Židlický would be still very useful player for our team.

VayaConDios

Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
Possible NHL players

Jakub Voracek
Ondrej Pavelec *
Tomas Fleischmann
Filip Kuba
Patrick Elias
Martin Hanzal
Marek Zidlicky
Milan Hejduk
Jan Hejda
Vinny Prospal *
Radim Vrbata
Rostislav Klesla
Zbynek Michalek
Ales Hemsky (injured)
Ladislav Šmíd
Jiri Tlusty
Roman Hamrlik *
Milan Michalek *
Radek Martinek *
Jiri Hudler
Roman Cervenka
Tomas Vincour
Roman Horak
Jakub Kindl *
Ondrej Palat
Michal Joran
Radko Gudas
Petr Mrazek

Could be a very strong team if a large portion of these guys choose to play.

Miruss

Feb 3, 2013
Ostrava
Confirmed:
Jakub Voracek
Ondrej Pavelec
Tomas Fleischmann

Filip Kuba - wont't joint the team - healthy issue

Elias don't have new contract
Zidlicky don't have new contract

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Looks to be a good team this year. Voracek, Tlusty, Fleischmann, Pavelec, Hanzal, Vrbata, Elias, Smid, Z. Michalek, Hejda, Klesla, Hejduk, Zidlicky, Hudler, Prospal and Cervenka. Looks like there's a good balance between young top 6 talent, veteran players and strong defense.

Czech's should be in contention for gold if most guys decide to play.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Looks to be a good team this year. Voracek, Tlusty, Fleischmann, Pavelec, Hanzal, Vrbata, Elias, Smid, Z. Michalek, Hejda, Klesla, Hejduk, Zidlicky, Hudler, Prospal and Cervenka. Looks like there's a good balance between young top 6 talent, veteran players and strong defense.

Prospal is retired from the National jersey if I'm not mistaken ;)

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Well, yeah but you are kinda wrong. Hejduk, Prospal retired from national team. Elias and Zidlicky most likely won't go since they are UFA in summer. No words on Klesla or Hudler yet. Rest of them is already confirmed or looks to go: Pavelec, Smid, Voracek, Tlusty, Fleischmann, Hanzal, Vrbata, Z. Michalek, Hejda and Cervenka. Yes it should be still very competitive and strong team with a good additions from Europe since we have there bunch of great players.

Coach was interested in Radko Gudas from Tampa Bay which is great but he has to play in AHL.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Well, yeah but you are kinda wrong. Hejduk, Prospal retired from national team. Elias and Zidlicky most likely won't go since they are UFA in summer. No words on Klesla or Hudler yet. Rest of them is already confirmed or looks to go: Pavelec, Smid, Voracek, Tlusty, Fleischmann, Hanzal, Vrbata, Z. Michalek, Hejda and Cervenka. Yes it should be still very competitive and strong team with a good additions from Europe since we have there bunch of great players.

Coach was interested in Radko Gudas from Tampa Bay which is great but he has to play in AHL.

Well that's too bad.. I would really enjoy having him on our team. Good to hear Hadamczik wanted him though :)

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Jiri Tlusty has been playing with a dislocated finger apparently.

Is there a report that says he has committed to going? I would love to see him playing with the Czech national team.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.

Is there a report that says he has committed to going? I would love to see him playing with the Czech national team.

In that case I don't see him passing the medical examination. Which is a big pity, I would love to see him as well.

Edit: + Both, Cervenka and Hudler are apparently injured.

Last edited:

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 26 Apr
Rutherford says Tim Gleason played part of season with broken foot, Jiri Tlusty with a dislocated finger.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 26 Apr
Rutherford said players going to World Championships were E Staal, JStaal (Canada); Faulk, McBain (USA) and Tlusty (Czech Rep).

From the Canes beat writer. But I suppose the medical exam could be problematic especially since it will cause issues with contract insurance.

However, if Tlusty can have this kind of year with a bum finger you have to wonder if he'd be worse off with a healthy one.

Miruss

Feb 3, 2013
Ostrava
Hanzal, Vrbata, Z. Michalek confirmed they want to play. Still waiting for Hudler (no healthy issue) and Cervenka healthy issue with knee but he will make a decision today ( around 8 PM our time).

Miruss

Feb 3, 2013
Ostrava
It's offical :)

Pavelec
Salak
Kovar

Z. Michalek
Smid
Hejda
Nakladal
Caslava
Kutlak
Krejcik
Troncinsky

Vrbata
Hanzal
Fleischmann
Voracek
Hudler
Tlusty
Hertl
Kovar
Tenkrat
Irgl
Novotny
Hubacek
Vrana
Koukal

Two free places for Elias and Zidlicky. Still no new contracts.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
So what do you say? Not bad at all :)
I'm happy with that, looks pretty good. But adding guy like Elias would be huge for the team because I feel like we could be missing leadership presence, veteran player, hopefully Novotny, Koukal and other will do good job in this way.
We are also missing PMD, mainly on power-play. PP looked bad in recent games. It would be much better with Zidlicky on roster. I think it will turn good anyway, Nakladal / Michalek are able to play there decently.

Jiri Novotny should be Captain, by the way.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'm happy with that, looks pretty good. But adding guy like Elias would be huge for the team because I feel like we could be missing leadership presence, veteran player, hopefully Novotny, Koukal and other will do good job in this way.
We are also missing PMD, mainly on power-play. PP looked bad in recent games. It would be much better with Zidlicky on roster. I think it will turn good anyway, Nakladal / Michalek are able to play there decently.

Jiri Novotny should be Captain, by the way.

Well, with Eliáš and Židlický it would be absolutely perfect.. :)
But I'm happy for what we have :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad