Speculation: Roster Speculation: 2017-18 Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
1) trade some mixture of Kane, nylander, and our first for a top flight dman, be it tanev, fowler, brodin, or otherwise
2) sign one of the vet ufa dmen (that mostly play the left side) to a short term deal to bridge he gap to guhle
3) sign antipin
4) run a center spine of eichel-ror-reinhart-larsson
5) gravy

McCabe-Risto
Ufa-tanev
Antipin-Bogosian

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Not going to speculate on trades or players added but focus ONLY on who we have in the system and on the team. I think if I was coach tomorrow I would try.

Ennis-Eichel-Okposo
Nylander-ROR-Girgensons
Kane-Reinhart-Bailey
Carrier-Larsson-Rodrigues

McCabe-Ristolainen
Kulikov-Bogosian
Guhle-Franson

Lehner
Ullmark

Last edited:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Girgensons - Eichel - Okposo
Ennis - ROR - Reinhart
Kane - Larsson - Baptiste
Carrier - ERod - Foligno

McCabe - Risto
Guhle - Bogo
Gorges - Antipin

Lehner
Ullmark

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm expecting/hoping our new GM builds up the depth to ensure more talent in Rochester and tough battles to make the roster.

SabresSociety

Jan 3, 2014
Without any moves, assuming signing Antipin/Kulikov and Nilsson leaving

Girgensons - Eichel - Okposo
Carrier - ROR - Ennis
Kane - Reinhart - Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching
Foligno - Larsson - Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching

McCabe - Risto
Guhle - Bogo
Gorges - Antipin

Lehner
Ullmark

Forward core is strong but that D sucks, need to get at least one good D, preferably Muzzin/Fowler for the left side

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Why all the "no moves" rosters? Did I miss a thread rename from "roster speculation" to "worst case scenario what the hell do we do with the lineup?" :laugh:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The idea of trading for Kovalchuk is starting to grow on me a bit. I'm sure he isn't what he used to be, but I feel good about the odds he's got a few more 25-30 goal seasons ahead of him. Just a question of cost -- both cap hit and assets, and, of course, whether Kovy would be interested in coming here.

Kovalchuk-Eichel-??? (Girgs/Baptiste/whoever clicks in preseason)
Carrier-O'Reilly-Okposo
Kane-Reinhart-??? (see above)
Foligno-Larsson-???

3 quality scoring lines and a 4th line that can actually play.
Plus, assuming Antipin is still signing here, it'd give him a Russian buddy. I imagine it'd be a much easier adjustment for him if he had someone here who speaks his native language, has played in the NHL before, and can help him get acclimated to NA culture and whatnot.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
The idea of trading for Kovalchuk is starting to grow on me a bit. I'm sure he isn't what he used to be, but I feel good about the odds he's got a few more 25-30 goal seasons ahead of him. Just a question of cost -- both cap hit and assets, and, of course, whether Kovy would be interested in coming here.

Kovalchuk-Eichel-??? (Girgs/Baptiste/whoever clicks in preseason)
Carrier-O'Reilly-Okposo
Kane-Reinhart-??? (see above)
Foligno-Larsson-???

3 quality scoring lines and a 4th line that can actually play.
Plus, assuming Antipin is still signing here, it'd give him a Russian buddy. I imagine it'd be a much easier adjustment for him if he had someone here who speaks his native language, has played in the NHL before, and can help him get acclimated to NA culture and whatnot.

I actually like this lineup quite a lot. Thank you for not assuming that Nylander is going to slot into the top six :laugh:

If we could acquire another solid defenseman, Antipin is alright, and Guhle makes the team we could actually have a pretty respectable lineup.

Are there any two way wingers worth considering in UFA?

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Anyone ready to tank 2017-18 for Brady Tkachuk, just so he and Eichel can screw with people by signing each other's autographs?

283.jpg

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I would sign Gionta to one more year without the C if he would take it. FLG as a 4th line staple that actually gets playing minutes would be a huge boost for this team. They need to take pressure off of the other lines, especially if they're littered with rookies

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Yes, and he should be drafted finally.

Nope, he's born 1996. I think he has to be born after the first of january 1997 to be available in the draft.

He's too small to become a good NHL player. He would have to compensate with great skating and his acceleration and top speed is just not good enough in my opinion.

Great player on big ice though. Probably worth a contract.

I would prefer to sign Borgman but haven't seen a single Buffalo scout on the HV71 home games. Lots of other teams though. The only Buffalo scout I know of that lives in Sweden is living way up north though, so it's not surprising. He probably catches the players on away games closer to his home.

Jeff Crisp made a trip to Sweden. But the only d-guy I know he watched is Gunnarsson: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13319
:cry:

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I would sign Gionta to one more year without the C if he would take it. FLG as a 4th line staple that actually gets playing minutes would be a huge boost for this team. They need to take pressure off of the other lines, especially if they're littered with rookies

Yeah, I would actually really like that a lot.

Kovy isn't coming back to come to our mess IMO.

My thoughts as well. He's cup chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad