Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Sutter for the Isles 2nd and a prospect like Cornel or something would be sweet.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Thoughts on Filipula? Not sure if Tampa is interested, but they're going to have to start freeing up cap eventually.

So integral to everything tampa does, no way they trade him and his remaining bargain contract while contending

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

As early as next week BU's Matt O'Connor will begin an NHL tour with stops in Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Buffalo and maybe NYR.
Retweeted by Kris Baker

Is this like the NFL? Is it going to be wining and dining?

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

As early as next week BU's Matt O'Connor will begin an NHL tour with stops in Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Buffalo and maybe NYR.
Retweeted by Kris Baker

Is this like the NFL? Is it going to be wining and dining?

Pegula will just take him to Mighty Taco & seal the deal

ZeroPT*

I can see him signing in NYR and them down along Talbot.

And this is why the anti-tank "make all the prospects FA's!" Idea is so ****ing stupid

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
So now that 30th is officially locked up, do we play Eichel as C or as W?

EDIT: At the beginning of the year, not long term.

Last edited:

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

He's the # 1 center the team's been missing since 1998 - don't screw it up by playing him on the wing. If they think sheltering a rookie on the wing with less duties is smart, I'd rather see them surround him or McDavid with veterans that play 2-way and can pitch in on face-offs and specialty teams.

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
He's the # 1 center the team's been missing since 1998 - don't screw it up by playing him on the wing. If they think sheltering a rookie on the wing with less duties is smart, I'd rather see them surround him or McDavid with veterans that play 2-way and can pitch in on face-offs and specialty teams.

Sorry, I meant to start the year. I know he is our future 1C. But I would agree with sheltering him to begin the year.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

EDIT: At the beginning of the year, not long term.

McEichel starts as a W, for at least half the year if not the whole year.

Bring in a veteran C.

Wouldn't shock me if Reinhart starts on the wing too for a spell.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
CCRsjkWUkAAcmyE.jpg:large

via Trending Buf

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Our future is bright! Here is my 2015-2016 lineup so far

Girgensoms McEichel Kane

Moulson Reinhart Ennis

Gionta Grigorenko Larsson

Leslauriers McCormick Foligno

Gorges Ristolanin

Zadorov Bogosian

McCabe Pysyk

FA or trade for a #1

Here we go let the glory days begin! Reinhart, McEichel, Girgensoms, Zadorov and Ristolanin is a great core

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
What is everyone's thoughts on Lindback? Does anyone think we should offer him a contract at least as a backup?

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
Just roll with the forwards and bring Rej back!

Kane-Eichel-Hodgson
Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis
Larsson-Reinhart-Gionta
Foligno-Grigorenko-Deslauriers/anyone

Sekera-Bogosian
Gorges-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Pysyk
Weber

Anyone
Anyone

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
What is everyone's thoughts on Lindback? Does anyone think we should offer him a contract at least as a backup?

I would be just fine with signing Lindback to a 1yr extension to see what he can really do for us. He earned that with his play here. Johnson can either be buried in Rochester or bought out...he was just the live body coming back when we shipped out Neuvirth.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Is Lindback the type of goalie who needs to play often to be effective?

I would agree to bring him back if we still had one more year left in our tank. We don't.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I would be just fine with signing Lindback to a 1yr extension to see what he can really do for us. He earned that with his play here. Johnson can either be buried in Rochester or bought out...he was just the live body coming back when we shipped out Neuvirth.

Agreed. Lindback's numbers are pretty good with us and he's young enough to be the next Dubnyk. Also, he looked pretty promising when he entered the league. I'd take him back for a year.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Is Lindback the type of goalie who needs to play often to be effective?

I would agree to bring him back if we still had one more year left in our tank. We don't.

I would bring him back, even as the backup. His stats are remarkable for our Serious Tank after we traded every contract we had to embrace the tank and compete with Arizona for McEichel cause the Coyotes traded Vermette, Yandle , Michalek etc And we won the race after stiff competition.

And Lindback has been pretty spectacular. Him and a 3rd round pick for Enroth and we get one of McEichel. Well done TMGM. Lindback was outstanding 2.81 GAA and 923 Save % not bad at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad