Roster Speculation 15-16, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Would love to see Reinhart back on the 1st with ROR and Gio demoted to the 4th. My guess is that it will happen this year but coach B wants to have it happen over time instead of forcing it right away.

The Larsson - Eichel - Ennis line should be interesting.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We'll have to see how those pairings work out. As for the forward lines, Bylsma will puree them half-way through the first period anyway.

What I'm more interested in right now is where Kane fits when he comes back which seems to be much closer according to his comments and that he's going to travel with the team on this Western gauntlet.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
I don't know how to put the new Travis Yost article on Buffalo on here but someone really should. It was pretty interesting.

RickSanchez

Jul 8, 2015
Also you guys should check out The Hockey PDOcast, it's Travis Yost and Dimitri Filipovic using numbers to talk hockey. They have an episode about the Sabres and if you like hearing people talk about how horrible the Avs are then you should listen to their last couple shows.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Is there any chance we could get something for Weber? I know he's hurt, and there is no guarantees the rest of our D stays healthy, but could we?

When he comes back we could have 8 D, and Weber wouldn't pass through wavers - and thank goodness they won't send McCabe down. Weber is also unrestricted at the end of this year.

Could we get a 7th rounder? A 6th? Anything? Which team might need a vet on D?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Is there any chance we could get something for Weber? I know he's hurt, and there is no guarantees the rest of our D stays healthy, but could we?

When he comes back we could have 8 D, and Weber wouldn't pass through wavers - and thank goodness they won't send McCabe down. Weber is also unrestricted at the end of this year.

Could we get a 7th rounder? A 6th? Anything? Which team might need a vet on D?

I'd expose Weber to waivers. Not particularly worried if he gets claimed.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd expose Weber to waivers. Not particularly worried if he gets claimed.

FWIW, Hamilton said on WGR last week that he can't see Weber being waived. Hamilton believes he's too well-liked and respected in the locker room. And, from a play perspective, nobody in Rochester on the LHD side has shown they are capable of playing in the NHL, so Buffalo won't risk just giving away a defenseman who can play. TM can always say tough cookies to Bylsma and carry 8 defensemen.

Anyways, whenever we start discussing this stuff, a defenseman inevitably gets hurt and the situation gets perpetually tabled. I suspect that'll happen again.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
FWIW, Hamilton said on WGR last week that he can't see Weber being waived. Hamilton believes he's too well-liked and respected in the locker room. And, from a play perspective, nobody in Rochester on the LHD side has shown they are capable of playing in the NHL, so Buffalo won't risk just giving away a defenseman who can play. TM can always say tough cookies to Bylsma and carry 8 defensemen.

Anyways, whenever we start discussing this stuff, a defenseman inevitably gets hurt and the situation gets perpetually tabled. I suspect that'll happen again.

The voice of reason

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Also you guys should check out The Hockey PDOcast, it's Travis Yost and Dimitri Filipovic using numbers to talk hockey. They have an episode about the Sabres and if you like hearing people talk about how horrible the Avs are then you should listen to their last couple shows.

Is it the "adopt the predators and sabres" episode? Downloading it now.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Rumors out there of Winnipeg dangling Enstrom for a top 6 forward. Curious as to what they'd want.
always been a big fan of Toby, 2 more years at $5.75m isnt terrible...dont really see the match though unless maybe Ennis or TM/Chevy get creative with a deal again

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
always been a big fan of Toby, 2 more years at $5.75m isnt terrible...dont really see the match though unless maybe Ennis or TM/Chevy get creative with a deal again

31 years old,missed 68 games from 2011-2015... Can't say I'd entertain Ennis for him. Doubt Moulson gets it done and he has a NTC anyway. Not really a fit. We don't have any spare top 6 forwards.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
I absolutely believe Murrays are talking and Fowler is in the play. Let's hope Tim can make another trade where we end up being one core guy richier. This season or off-season.

Although that acquisition is intriguing, I still am a little apprehensive about what the asking price might be. I think theirs some comparison shopping to be done with Calgary before we trade away the farm, and knowing how stingy of a "trader" that Bob Murray is, thats exactly what he would ask for in a Fowler trade....

I'm not suggesting if Fowler is worth it or not, I'm just saying that TM needs to exercise a little caution here, thats all.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I absolutely believe Murrays are talking and Fowler is in the play. Let's hope Tim can make another trade where we end up being one core guy richier. This season or off-season.

Yea. I'm in. Larsson getting Eichel minutes is definitely an indicato

Can it just be Ennis for Fowler?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
There was a Fowler to Buffalo thread on the trade boards recently. Buffalo fan offered:

Choice of: Girgensons or Larsson
AND
Choice of: 2017 1st round pick or Ennis
AND
Franson

And a few Ducks fans said hell no.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
There was a Fowler to Buffalo thread on the trade boards recently. Buffalo fan offered:

Choice of: Girgensons or Larsson
AND
Choice of: 2017 1st round pick or Ennis
AND
Franson

And a few Ducks fans said hell no.

lol hell no thats such an overpayment

I'd love Fowler but not at that price

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
lol hell no thats such an overpayment

I'd love Fowler but not at that price

There's a couple other Fowler threads tying him to other teams and that seems consistent with what they're saying to everyone.

Sounds like they see him as an all-purpose 1D and you'd have to offer a core piece+ to get them interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad