Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
I really wish the Barzal on the wing experiment would end.
I don’t necessarily disagree but it’s kind of hard to do when he’s at 42% in his career on face offs and moving him back to center could cause issues in the lineup with guys being out of position.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
I don’t necessarily disagree but it’s kind of hard to do when he’s at 42% in his career on face offs and moving him back to center could cause issues in the lineup with guys being out of position.
Might as well try it since Horvat is having a down year on faceoffs with a 47% and Holmstrom could move to right wing which is his natural position, I'm sure Horvat is fine on left side.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
If Pageau isn’t a 20-30-50pt player there’s no way to trade him without an add-on.

You're telling me! I have been downright stunned for years how not only posters but actual media people do not believe Pageau is anything but a cap dump.The organization does nothing of significance until the following contracts are gone:

Palmieri
Nelson
Lee
Pageau

No, not everyone needs to be gone but keeping anything more than 2/4 at a maximum with a paycut would be an extreme mistake.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You're telling me! I have been downright stunned for years how not only posters but actual media people do not believe Pageau is anything but a cap dump.The organization does nothing of significance until the following contracts are gone:

Palmieri
Nelson
Lee
Pageau

No, not everyone needs to be gone but keeping anything more than 2/4 at a maximum with a paycut would be an extreme mistake.
Palmieri and Nelson's contracts expire at the end of the season. Maybe Lou can get Nelson to sign a right-sized extension, otherwise I'm fine with trading him for assets. I have no interest in extending Palmieri. Trade him when possible.

Lee and JGP have another year to go. If Lou doesn't sign anyone else to an over-termed ball and chain contract maybe we can finally have cap flexibility in 2027 when these contracts expire.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
For all the leadership Martin brings, they sure folded like a cheap suit last night. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad