Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Lou eats pizza with a knife and fork.
IMG_8833.jpeg

What is wrong with all you people?! Have you all gone mad?!!

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I tore my groin once, his reaction was exactly what mine was
It 100% looked groin. I know someone who tore or pulled their pectineus (forget which he did) and it was similar. While leg was black/blue/green/brown/yellow/red/purple. Took like 3 months to come back to squat to depth comfortably again with weight.

Lou eats pizza with a knife and fork.
Lou is not the Rangers former mayor Warren Wilhelm Jr aka Bill Deblasio. He’s more respectable.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
It's important to remember that it's only been 6 games, and although it seems like much of the same it's really quite a bit different under the hood.

Without looking it up I think we were getting outshot by an average of 5 or 6 shots a game last year under Lambert. Right now we're outshooting teams by 8 shots, and that doesn't include all the posts they've been hitting. You outshoot the opposing team by 30% and you're going to win more often than not - especially with Vezina caliber net minding behind it.

The thing that has been neutralizing them is that they're shooting like 6.5% on the season. To put that into perspective, no team has had a shooting percentage that low in the last 25 years. League average has been around 10% for the last few years, and that's where the Isles usually land. It's the kind of stat that always normalizes with a larger sample size.

Had they been shooting 10% to this point they're probably 4-1-1 and we're all jumping for joy. So I know it feels like the sky is falling because of the way the losses have happened, but unless you actually think they're going to be shutout every other game for the rest of the year things should be fine.
The defense is humming and the attempts are there. You are right that the shooting % will probably normalize. I'm not discouraged by what I see and don't agree with our local grumpy old man @Throttle about boring hockey. Last night was pretty entertaining as far as losses go.

My concern is always whether this will be a consistent showing by the Isles and if they can stay healthy, because the depth his razor thin. The latter is already rearing its ugly head.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
The defense is humming and the attempts are there. You are right that the shooting % will probably normalize. I'm not discouraged by what I see and don't agree with our local grumpy old man @Throttle about boring hockey. Last night was pretty entertaining as far as losses go.

My concern is always whether this will be a consistent showing by the Isles and if they can stay healthy, because the depth his razor thin. The latter is already rearing its ugly head.

I mean actually I think the forward depth is pretty good… they have Fasching, Karlstrom and some guy named Engvall still in Bridgeport who have all played a fair amount of NHL games, plus Martin whenever they want him. Left side D behind Cholowski there’s Bolduc as #8. RHD is maybe thin with only Hutton there, but we did get Bortuzzo for a 7th last year so seems like something that can be easily rectified.

TBH I think Reilly has been pretty flat so far. I wouldn’t mind seeing Cholo for a game and seeing if it sparks anything, esp on the pp2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad