Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
In the example, you just pay the amount that the old car is worth in cash.
Probably you assumed a trade in. In my analogy, it was not a trade in. Both people paid the same cash for the car, but one got to keep his current vehicle while the other one had to add that to make the deal work....just like when you have to trade for a pending UFA then sign them, rather than just sign them in the offseason.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
1720710821903.png

• Haha
Reactions: Lights911

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Right now, as the roster is constructed there's no real tough guy on the team.

There are a bunch of teams that similarly don't really have one... But then there are teams like the Flyers (Hathaway), the Capitals (Wilson), and the Rangers (Rempe). It really feels like the forward lineup is going to be something like the following at the moment.

Duclair-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-JGP-Holmstrom
McLean-Cizikas-Tsypkalov
Fasching

Scott Mayfield has a tough year ahead of him.

Reactions: Olliemets

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

There are a bunch of teams that similarly don't really have one... But then there are teams like the Flyers (Hathaway), the Capitals (Wilson), and the Rangers (Rempe). It really feels like the forward lineup is going to be something like the following at the moment.

Duclair-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-JGP-Holmstrom
McLean-Cizikas-Tsypkalov
Fasching

These days, I feel you need an overall tough lineup, not a soft one with a dedicated face puncher who plays 5 minutes.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Has Botta been accurate about anything lately?

Not saying he's wrong but I don't recall him being in the know about much. He's not offering anything more than speculation we've read on here from fans.
Still interesting that Chris Lam is highly regarded as per his contacts.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Duclair-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-JGP-Holmstrom
McLean-Cizikas-Tsypkalov
Fasching

Welp, then I guess it's time for Lee to finally have a defined role on this team.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If Chris Lamoriello gets hired, everyone will scream and shout nepotism. If he gets hired by someone else and has success, then everyone will cry and pout that they let him get away.

Hire someone young, they're inexperienced. Hire someone old, they're a retread.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If Chris Lamoriello gets hired, everyone will scream and shout nepotism. If he gets hired by someone else and has success, then everyone will cry and pout that they let him get away.

You can get me on record right now that I won't cry for a second if Chris L. goes to another team and wins a Cup as GM.

That said I think the thing that speaks the loudest is...If he's so "well regarded in NHL circles" then how come he hasn't been an NHL GM already? I mean has he even gotten a single interview for the GM position with any other team?

We still have the "ghosts" of wang's tenure working in this franchise. Let's not think that because we have a professionally run franchise now that all employees here are qualified to do the job they're doing, much less get a promotion - No matter what their last name is.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
These days, I feel you need an overall tough lineup, not a soft one with a dedicated face puncher who plays 5 minutes.
Yeah, sure, except when other team has a guy you need the dedicated face puncher to deal with, which is why I mentioned a few specifically.

Welp, then I guess it's time for Lee to finally have a defined role on this team.
Calling out draft picks

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Has Botta been accurate about anything lately?

Not saying he's wrong but I don't recall him being in the know about much. He's not offering anything more than speculation we've read on here from fans.
He likes to stroke a certain part of the fan base every once in awhile.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
You can get me on record right now that I won't cry for a second if Chris L. goes to another team and wins a Cup as GM.

That said I think the thing that speaks the loudest is...If he's so "well regarded in NHL circles" then how come he hasn't been an NHL GM already? I mean has he even gotten a single interview for the GM position with any other team?

We still have the "ghosts" of wang's tenure working in this franchise. Let's not think that because we have a professionally run franchise now that all employees here are qualified to do the job they're doing, much less get a promotion - No matter what their last name is.
I’m not a fan of Chris getting the Isles GM job but do we know if he has turned down other GM opportunities? As the supposed heir apparent maybe he has no interest in interviewing with any other team.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I’m not a fan of Chris getting the Isles GM job but do we know if he has turned down other GM opportunities? As the supposed heir apparent maybe he has no interest in interviewing with any other team.

Chris L. has been working in the NHL for 30 years. In that time the only team that gave him a job outside of his dad was Charles Wang's New York Islanders. In fact Chris "left" the Devils about 2 months after his dad "left" the Devils (which was about 2 years after Josh Harris bought the Devils and pulled control away from Lou).

I even did an extensive search online to find Chris being in contention for any upper level executive role for any team in the past 30 years and didn't find a shred of anything. You can read a brief bio below....It's 80% the same as his dad. I don't think it's hyperbole at all to say that Chris is probably not working in the NHL if not for his dad. Heck - I'm not sure he gets into Providence college without his dad.

Career​

Lamoriello played college hockey at Providence College where he graduated in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. In 1996, he joined the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL) as a scout, working with his father Lou Lamoriello. In September 2001, Lamoriello took over the dual role of senior vice president of hockey operations for the Devils and general manager for their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Albany Devils.[1] He and his father left the Devils' organization in 2015. In 2016, he was hired by the New York Islanders as director of player personnel. In 2017, he was also named the general manager of their AHL affiliate, the Bridgeport Islanders.[2]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad