Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

SI

Feb 16, 2013
For one of them. We’re down to 900,000 in cap space.
That’s Holmstrom’s $ -

The only way I see them come back is if -
They both sign league minimum
Maclean who is waiver exempt starts in Bridgeport.
Fasching is waived.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm actually fine with bringing both back. Clutterbuck is better than Fasching and Martin becomes the depth forward you sub in to punch faces.

Reactions: JKP and SI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I'm actually fine with bringing both back. Clutterbuck is better than Fasching and Martin becomes the depth forward you sub in to punch faces.
I agree with Cal > Fasching - maybe .775k with games played bonuses - no more than 500k that possibly rolls over to next year.

The only way I see Martin is if they start Maclean in Bridgeport - there will be injuries, however I think the kid has earned his spot

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Fasching can kick rocks.

I wouldn’t mind the kid but he needs to play a fourth line type of role when he’s on the fourth line. When he’s with Nelson he can play more finesse but when he’s on the bottom lines he needs to be more physical.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Looking at ahead the 2025 TDL -
The best UFA in 2025 who is plays for a non-playoff team is Travis Konecny

Get the 2025 1st, Call Odelius, and another piece to Bo’s cousin to round out the top 6

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Looking at ahead the 2025 TDL -
The best UFA in 2025 who is plays for a non-playoff team is Travis Konecny

Get the 2025 1st, Call Odelius, and another piece to Bo’s cousin to round out the top 6

This is why I think Lou should hold onto the first round pick for now. A lot of good players could be up for grabs at the trade deadline, see where the team is at and go out and grab someone if they are in a good position. Get the 8th year of term if it’s a younger guy and lock them up.

Pinto is a decent young player, but giving up a 1st+ for a guy that isn’t proven is a lot to give up.

Reactions: SI

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Only trades on the table are for Ehlers. Offseason should just handle the Holmstrom contracts and what to do with Oliver Wahlstrom.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How many players have been "meh" in the minors and then exploded in the NHL? Or even just produced at the same "meh" rate?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
How many players have been "meh" in the minors and then exploded in the NHL? Or even just produced at the same "meh" rate?
Are you referring to Iskhakov? He was given a QO but apparently wanted a guarantee of an NHL job. He showed nothing to earn a spot. How many Europeans have gone back home rather than continue to fight for an NHL job?

Reactions: Glorydays22

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Are you referring to Iskhakov? He was given a QO but apparently wanted a guarantee of an NHL job. He showed nothing to earn a spot. How many Europeans have gone back home rather than continue to fight for an NHL job?
It started with him but then I was just curious about anyone who might fit the mold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad