Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I don’t understand
Rags have no problem moving their captain. According to Brooks threatened waiving him if he doesn’t agree to a trade in place with Detroit. But it’s heresy to Lou to move on from Lee?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Everyone but you got it.
I got your point. It’s the same one you have been making for years now. I don’t even disagree with it.

I take issue with anyone relying on incorrect claims or weak evidence with surface level analysis.

The notion that “Toews was a cap dump,” while ignoring mitigating circumstances that affected the entire world is absolutely an example of the latter.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don’t understand
Rags have no problem moving their captain. According to Brooks threatened waiving him if he doesn’t agree to a trade in place with Detroit. But it’s heresy to Lou to move on from Lee?
Lou is too loyal, it’s that he doesn’t want to move on from Lee, not necessarily that he can’t.

Reactions: FoxYou727 and MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lou is too loyal, it’s that he doesn’t want to move on from Lee, not necessarily that he can’t.
FWIW, I don’t even think it makes sense to move Lee or Pageau until next year. Lou is sitting on two UFAs in Nelson and Palmieri that should be addressed first. Not that you were suggesting otherwise.

Reactions: FoxYou727 and MJF

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
A lot of us Jewish kids were sons of the toy store owners and manufacturers of those items, so we were smiling all the way to the bank . . .

At my age, that's a good day whether we sign someone or not . . .
My father's biggest client had a chain of toy stores in Florida. He used to fly down there with NY salami and bagels, and the guy would give him something "for the kids". One time it was a new "TV game machine" called Magnavox Odyssey. The first video game console. Then I got this handheld thing called Mattel electronic football. My brother was into electronics and figured out how to disconnect the sound, so I could play that thing in school without the teacher knowing. Good times.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I honestly have no clue what's going to happen with the Isles, but seeing all of the trade Pageau posts on this board...
I think it's becoming clear that Lou intends to let the bad contracts expire on their own, rather than clear out cap space by trading players that would cost an extra asset to get off the books. The next milepost to watch for is the 2025 trade deadline to see where the team is in the standings. That will be the determining factor for Lou if he will start trading expiring contracts.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If the rags waive Trouba lmao

I’ve been telling people for years he was really good offensively and way overrated defensively then you add in all the BS with the illegal hits and he’s just not worth it.

Looks like the Trouba Train is leaving Penn Station for good lol.

Reactions: FoxYou727

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
FWIW, I don’t even think it makes sense to move Lee or Pageau until next year. Lou is sitting on two UFAs in Nelson and Palmieri that should be addressed first. Not that you were suggesting otherwise.
That’s still 50-60 regular season goals this team would have to make up somehow.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If the rags waive Trouba lmao

I’ve been telling people for years he was really good offensively and way overrated defensively then you add in all the BS with the illegal hits and he’s just not worth it.

Looks like the Trouba Train is leaving Penn Station for good lol.

I'd love nothing more than for him to refuse to be traded and ride the buses in the AHL f***ing up their salary cap.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Correct.

With 2 years and 7 million per, Lee is NOT the guy you should be looking to move once the Draft was over. Unfortunate, but the soon to be 34-year old (birthday in 2 days) is here to stay for another season.

Any substantial changes would (and I would argue should) have happened with unloading the soon to be 33-year old (Oct) and the other will be 34-years old mid-season (Feb) Nelson and Palmieri who are on expiring deals and their values are not only likely never to be as high as they are right now, but unlikely to be at the deadline either....

Whether Lou even attempted to move soon to be 32-years old (Nov) Pageau or not at the Draft is anyone's guess, but that ship too has probably sailed....

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I think it's becoming clear that Lou intends to let the bad contracts expire on their own, rather than clear out cap space by trading players that would cost an extra asset to get off the books. The next milepost to watch for is the 2025 trade deadline to see where the team is in the standings. That will be the determining factor for Lou if he will start trading expiring contracts.
Agreed. I think we’ll see Palms and Nelson traded in March, if the Isles are out. Same with Lee and Pageau the next year.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I don’t care how accurate the smoke ends up being - after the Gaudreau fiasco two years ago (and that involved NJD too) I don’t believe anything until it happens.
That was Fraudnotta just making stuff up by connecting the dots and got caught with his pants down when the player publicly admitted he didn’t even talk to the team as a UFA.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
We have our defensive coach. Tommy Albelin

This hurts me. Love him.

Yes, ex-Devil. Obvious type of add.

BUT he has been extremely successful and respected in Switzerland. Widely known as one of the best coaching entities in the national program for many years now.

Actually kicked off his coaching career by being an assistant for NJD for 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: leeroggy

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Isn't the deferred comp what got Pajama Boy in tax trouble in Canada?
I think it was the overly stacked bonus structure with low salary. IIRC his salary each year is like $900k and the rest is all bonus and they want his tax revenue.

Reactions: MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Devils having no problems getting UFAs at reasonable costs with their taxes, almost like that is not a thing! Winning is!
Or when you are two years removed from a lotto team, your GM wasted a ton of cap, it came back, and now has to use it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad