Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
apparently Pinto is expecting to be offer sheeted…

I don’t think that figure includes tsyplakov
It does. If you are going by Capfriendly take out Gauthier and add Tsyplakov

Last edited:

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
It horrifies me when I see the Isles roster with $5.8 million in cap space compared to teams like the Leafs and Rangers and they have over $12 million in cap space, the Devils $19 million? There's no chance the Isles can improve their roster, yet the Rangers, Leafs and Devils certainly can. This is a reflection of Lou at the helm. I still can't get over the Engvall deal. The Isles could definitely use the additional $3 million this year.
This is going to be a really bad year. We'll see all the teams below the Isles in the standings improve, while the Isles stay the same of get worse. I look forward to next years draft. Lou should start gathering draft picks now. The Isles are going to need them.

Now we can all sit back and watch the free agency tomorrow to see all of the players we'd love to have sign with other teams.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
First thing worth noting here is that Garrioch says they’ll match. Obviously he got lowballed coming off suspension but this now looks like a situation where he has to look out for himself while Ottawa may have come in hoping to bridge him.

I was thinking CAR, but they can't do an offer sheet for what it would take to sign Pinto. 16 teams can (including the Isles). Only 7 teams can offer sheet the next level up, including the Isles.

Everyone says OTT would match, but Pinto would be a UFA at the end of his contract for a 4 year offer sheet. For a team like OTT that's still building, you wonder if that's a smart move to match?

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Alex Nylander didn't get qualified. Scored 11 goals in 23 games after moving to CBJ and getting an increase in minutes. He shot 17%, but he was also shooting way more - went from maybe 1.5 shots a game to closer to 3. Former 8th overall who obviously needed a change of scenery. He could be the kind of low cost add we can expect.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I was thinking CAR, but they can't do an offer sheet for what it would take to sign Pinto. 16 teams can (including the Isles). Only 7 teams can offer sheet the next level up, including the Isles.

Everyone says OTT would match, but Pinto would be a UFA at the end of his contract for a 4 year offer sheet. For a team like OTT that's still building, you wonder if that's a smart move to match?
The Isles simply haven't got the space for an offer sheet, nor has Lou ever offer sheeted anyone.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day for Lou. He will probably sign one roster player at a discount, a couple of AHL/tweener guys and call it a day. Then nothing will be done until September.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
1719787404322.png

Several interesting new UFAs.

Keep hearing from Senators fans that they really didn't want to lose Brannstrom.

Give me Steel for our lower lines. He's not finished developing.

Reactions: WangMustGo

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
For a team like OTT that's still building, you wonder if that's a smart move to match?
Yes? He’s a 23 year old already putting up solid numbers. They spent five years developing him in the hopes that he could be a long term contributor, why would it make sense to throw that away for magic beans in a year? The reason you don’t match is if you have cap issues that can’t be solved in another way or if you don’t believe in the player. Theres no indication that either is a problem here.

Reactions: SI

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
It horrifies me when I see the Isles roster with $5.8 million in cap space compared to teams like the Leafs and Rangers and they have over $12 million in cap space, the Devils $19 million? There's no chance the Isles can improve their roster, yet the Rangers, Leafs and Devils certainly can. This is a reflection of Lou at the helm. I still can't get over the Engvall deal. The Isles could definitely use the additional $3 million this year.
This is going to be a really bad year. We'll see all the teams below the Isles in the standings improve, while the Isles stay the same of get worse. I look forward to next years draft. Lou should start gathering draft picks now. The Isles are going to need them.

Now we can all sit back and watch the free agency tomorrow to see all of the players we'd love to have sign with other teams.
Welcome to the party, pal

<Insert John McClane movie clips here>

SI

Feb 16, 2013

It is actually because then you lock in the kid for 4 more years - the same as Tkachuk. they just got a goalie and are working on a new arena - they will match

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
It is actually because then you lock in the kid for 4 more years - the same as Tkachuk. they just got a goalie and are working on a new arena - they will match
Would they really want to keep someone around who basically just publicly said he wants out? Seems like potential locker room poison.

I mean I get that they aren't going to let the dude leave for nothing, but getting a 1st round+ for a guy who wants out seems logical to me.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I'm really just playing devil's advocate - do you lock in a kid for 4 years/$25M when you might be contending for the last year or two of that? And then he likely walks? Or do you talk trade/take the picks?

I'd think PO Joseph is a possibility for us. Obviously there was the report a while back that we were scouting him. And he would be a nice fit and would likely represent a cap savings compared with Reilly. But, do they trust going into the season with POJ and Bolduc as the 6/7?

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Welp, cant do anything tomorrow unless we move out some salary. hard to see anything of significance but you never know...

Reactions: SI90

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Would they really want to keep someone around who basically just publicly said he wants out? Seems like potential locker room poison.

I mean I get that they aren't going to let the dude leave for nothing, but getting a 1st round+ for a guy who wants out seems logical to me.
He didn’t say he wants out. His agent is exerting pressure because he doesnt want his guy getting lowballed with a bridge deal after paying a stiff (deserved) penalty for his suspension. This is a matter of him making 2x3 vs something like 4x6, not to mention the latter deal puts him in a spot for a massive payday down the line.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Free agency sucks this year....there's nobody out there I really care where they sign. If LL does anything to excite me it'd have to be by trade.

Reactions: Konk

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Free agency sucks this year....there's nobody out there I really care where they sign. If LL does anything to excite me it'd have to be by trade.
Here's a UFA signing and a "trade" combined. Sign Chandler Stevenson as a UFA. Then, once he's off the table for other teams you trade JGP for anything you can get.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Our PK is so badly Broken that I have a Bad Feeling Lou Signs Adam Henrique Tomorrow.
I have had this thought for a while now...
Certainly possible. If the day ended somehow with Henrique, McLean, Tysplakov, and Reilly in lieu of Fasching, Clutterbuck, Aho and Martin (opening night roster last year) I would be ok with that. Moving on from Aho, Houda, Martin and Fasching as regulars makes us better. Gauthier gone and Ishakov in that spot or perhaps a league minimum vet if there's room. That would be better as well.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
View attachment 890256

Several interesting new UFAs.

Keep hearing from Senators fans that they really didn't want to lose Brannstrom.

Give me Steel for our lower lines. He's not finished developing.
Steel played well last year. Would be a solid add. Worth a flyer: Bean and McLeod. Brannstrom is pretty awful and was moved to forward at some point. Nylander is an enigma.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad