Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Without a doubt that is the most troubling and depressing thing about how he works, often leading to overpays and the using of our assets to unload said players he has signed or his reluctance to move one of them when it is the perfect time to do so.

Few established GM's in the league operate this way, and it is why I fully believe we will be better off when he is gone
Agreed. I don't think Lou operates in the same way as he did in New Jersey. There's no way he would have stuck with so many of the guys who had been here for years with so little success before he arrived on the Island, simply because the room was tight and they "played like men."

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd say a decent possibility for today is moving Wahlstrom. I'd actually be okay with keeping him and see if he needed a year to heal fully. But, he's a young player who maybe can use a change of scenery. And they have Holmstrom, Tsyplakov and Iskhakov as "wild cards" on the wing to various degrees for the upcoming season, so short term Wally may be redundant. And longer term they just drafted Eiserman and also have Dufour. So I could see Wally being moved alone for a pick, or for a similar young player needing a change of scenery, or as part of a package for a player.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Well that's that. No Ehlers, No Mcgroarty, no moving out salary. Running it back with Tsyplakov and maybe Wahlstrom swap and a small PK add. Either we contend or we don't and deal Nelson and Palmieri at the deadline. Probably the most sensible route here

Reactions: MJF and ekill08x

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Well that's that. No Ehlers, No Mcgroarty, no moving out salary. Running it back with Tsyplakov and maybe Wahlstrom swap and a small PK add. Either we contend or we don't and deal Nelson and Palmieri at the deadline. Probably the most sensible route here
Team will be in it, especially if Sorokin bounces back and allows paths for younger cheaper players to get chance at some point like Maggio as example.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Love the way TB isn't afraid to make moves to reset or adjust, just wish Lou would let someone else take over. Not sure how to phrase it but the GM age difference between the league and Lou is significant. I almost feel that he's not the first guy someone calls when looking to make a deal.

Reactions: 12Dog

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Love the way TB isn't afraid to make moves to reset or adjust, just wish Lou would let someone else take over. Not sure how to phrase it but the GM age difference between the league and Lou is significant. I almost feel that he's not the first guy someone calls when looking to make a deal.
Stubborn and completely unwilling to adjust his way of doing things.

Wait until he re-signs Reilly to a 4 year/15 million contract this weekend

• Haha
Reactions: LeapOnOver

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Interesting how Boston University is becoming Lou’s preferred development program.

::coughcoughJayPandfoisaLouguycoughcough::

For now, we’re running it back.

IMG_0470.jpeg

Last edited:

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’d say logical, not sensible.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
This dude who popped up out of nowhere and claims he has sources had a fun hedge if the Isles ended up not trading the first.

IMG_5069.jpeg

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

looks like this is the plan for sure. Wahlstrom getting a QO. After signing Reilly and Holmstrom we will have between 1.5M -3M to add one more player. There's your offseason folks!

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Some whispers Brady Tkachuk might be traded to the devils. That would be a nightmare for the metro Brady with Jack, Hughes would be scary.
Are these "whispers" Incarcerated Bob posting that Brady's wife is from New Jersey? :laugh:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
So scary that they'll still finish 6th in the Metro
Yeah, the Devils haven’t made significant strides and Markstrom is average to once in blue moon above average.

Are these "whispers" Incarcerated Bob posting that Brady's wife is from New Jersey? :laugh:
Lmao if that’s what someone is inferring.

Very interested to see where Skinner signs since he’s essentially preferred being ‘home’ vs playing meaningful hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00