duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Fun developments from exit interviews:

- Clutterbuck has no intention to retire, wants to stay
- Martin also has no intention to retire, wants to stay
- Mayfield fractured his ankle on game 1 and it didn't heal right
- Wahlstrom on his future with the team: "we'll see"
- Fasching wants a more definitive role with the team
- Dobson was playing hurt but felt "close to 100 percent" in the playoffs and whatever was causing an issue won't impact his summer (????)
Lou is definitely going to sign clutter and Martin.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
@periferal I saw you make a post on here regarding that some of us think the Isles values are too high. My overall point on a player like Pulock I disagree on. My reasoning for this is if you go back to before we dealt Ladd and Bailey 99% of posters felt a 1st was going to be needed to get rid of them (especially Ladd).

@Chapin Landvogt brought up Pulock being a RHD as a premium value. I would love to hear your thoughts on how you would handle this offseason.
Did you miss my post on this?

Reactions: NYI365

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY

- Dobson was playing hurt but felt "close to 100 percent" in the playoffs and whatever was causing an issue won't impact his summer (????)

I love Clutter and Martin for what they've done for the team, but if we bring them both back, it's concerning. I don't see Martin as an everyday player anymore. Clutterbuck at league minimum? OK.

Mayfield gets a pass from me on the year. If Pulock and others didn't get injured, he should have been shut down earlier to heal. Hopefully he returns to form next year.

Wahlstrom may not get qualified.

I understand Fasching's desire, but he has to be careful. Lou is not someone who likes comments like that in the media as it points to questioning coaching decisions.

Dobsons health is concerning given how ineffective he was in the series. It's the 2nd year in a row where he had a great start to the year and tailed off towards the 2nd half. I would be very careful extending him this summer as his camp is going to be pushing for top $ give the point totals.

Reactions: ekill08x

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

One big thing you missed was that Wahlstrom had a knee brace on up until just a few weeks ago. Brings new perspective on his play this year possibly.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Clutterbuck and Martin should both retire or go to a team that needs them. Sorry. I think Martin has no gas and probably does retire ultimately. Clutterbuck would work more in NJ/BUF/DET as a veteran

Wahlstrom is a goner. That dude is gonna get nothing and ultimately dealt for a pick or two.

Dobson looked awful injury BS aside. I really want him to improve his physical game.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Don't mind Clutter returning on a 1 year minimum. Would selfishly like to see Martin reach 1000 games, but let him do that on a rebuilding team.

I may be in the minority, but I like Fasching. Think he sees the game well, and serves a good role on the bottom 6.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I think you and I have different definitions of “fun”

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

It’s becoming clear from the exit interviews that while the Isles players have a belief in themselves and high character, they live in an alternate reality that falling just short in their losses means they can compete with anybody. They can compete, but they lose anyway. It’s been that way for the last 2 years.

If only, if only….

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Don't mind Clutter returning on a 1 year minimum. Would selfishly like to see Martin reach 1000 games, but let him do that on a rebuilding team.

I may be in the minority, but I like Fasching. Think he sees the game well, and serves a good role on the bottom 6.
I disagree on all counts except for martin on another team. we have to move on. fasching literally does nothing. doesn't hit, isn't fast, not great defensively and doesn't offer offense. we need to do better than him as well.

Reactions: 12Dog

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I'd move on from Clutter, Martin, Wahlstrom, Fasching, Pageau all this off season.

Pulock for a Top 6 F

I think the above are all realistic in terms of actually happening. I'd move on from Lee/Pelech too but don't see that this off season.

I'm gonna guess they hold onto Nelson and if we're out by next TDL they move him and maybe Palmieri

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Martin made 50% of his career earnings when Snow balked at paying him and Lou did pay him from Toronto. Martin has only made $20M in his long career. Clutter has made $37M.

I think both guys are just looking to continue to play (their job) and get some extra cash in a summer where there is going to be cap space and a number of teams that need to use it: SJ, UT, SEA, ANA, etc.

Reaves got a 3yr/$4M just last summer from Toronto, so there’s a market for a limited deployed player like them with physical presence (waning of course).

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'd move on from Clutter, Martin, Wahlstrom, Fasching, Pageau all this off season.

Pulock for a Top 6 F

I think the above are all realistic in terms of actually happening. I'd move on from Lee/Pelech too but don't see that this off season
I don't think the bolded is realistic and people here really need to start realizing that a NTC actually means something, particularly when it comes from a GM known for doing right by his players. I remember people hoping that Pulock would be traded before his extension went into effect, and here we are over two years later and he's still not traded.

Reactions: PJGooch

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
They're going to have to Push Martin and Clutterbuck out the door, especially Martin. upgrades are needed thorough the roster, enough with these "Loyalty" contracts. I love all these guys but it's time to move forward.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Of course Martin doesn't want to leave, he and his family is fully entrenched on LI.

And of course he doesn't want to stop playing either, neither would I.

Love the dude and want him to be affiliated with the team for a long damn time, but his time on the ice in an Islander uniform is up.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Were you expecting Martin/Clutterbuck to say “I’m old, washed up garbage and I don’t belong on the ice, sorry everyone”?

Reactions: PJGooch

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Of course Martin doesn't want to leave, he and his family is fully entrenched on LI.

Love the dude and want him to be affiliated with the team for a long damn time, but his time on the ice in an Islander uniform is up.
he’s also proven that he make a financially sound decision himself, even if it involves moving.

I can see him or Clutter heading over to NJ.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

He needs like 40 something games for a 1000 which for a guy like him and his role is pretty amazing so no surprise he wants to take shot at getting it.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Another year of our Supreme Leader making completely unchecked catastrophic decisions. Malkin either has his head up his ass or doesn’t give a f*** about winning a cup.
Or sees the GM made the playoffs in 5/6 years since he was hired. Now, maybe fans don’t like the results, but for an owner that’s looking good.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad