Roster makeup and future considerations.

AudiStrat82

Jul 3, 2024
The way I see it, we currently have 5 LHD on the roster and only 2 RHD (with Kessel soon to follow).

Leddy, Krug, Perunovich, POJ, and Tucker at LHD.

It makes a lot of sense for at least one of the “future considerations” going back to Dallas or Ottawa being a left handed shot defenseman.

Ottawa currently has $3+ mill in cap space and only 2 LHD on their roster.

Dallas has $7 mill in cap space, but has 4 LHD on the roster (Heiskanen, Lindell, Smith, and Harley/RFA)

It won’t be POJ considering we just traded for him. Krug is too expensive. Can’t see it being Leddy as he’s relatively cheap and pairs well with 55, but I guess it could be.

My guess is it’s Perunovich going to Ottawa. It fits cap wise for them and replacing him with POJ makes us bigger at the least. Could be Tucker too.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Future Considerations is a polite way of saying a player was traded for a bag of pucks, ie nothing. If Perunovich was going back as a part of one of those trades, it would’ve been specified in the trade.

I don’t see a glut of d-men. We currently have 8. We kept 8 all last season. I’d prefer to keep only 7 but all they’ve done essentially is replace Scandella with PO Joseph.

Parayko, Leddy, Faulk, Krug and Kessel pretty comfortably have spots IMO. Then Peru, POJ and Tucker battle it out for the last 2 spots. Loser gets put on waivers and likely sent to Springfield. Or they keep all 8 and only 13 forwards. I’d prefer to just bite the bullet and put one of these guys on waivers.

A team is going to use 8-10 d-men in a year as there’s almost always injuries. IMO, we could still use another tweener guy. Someone the caliber of Rosen. Would be ideal if that player’s a righty but almost 2/3 of the options are lefties so beggars can’t be choosers.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The way I see it, we currently have 5 LHD on the roster and only 2 RHD (with Kessel soon to follow).

Leddy, Krug, Perunovich, POJ, and Tucker at LHD.

It makes a lot of sense for at least one of the “future considerations” going back to Dallas or Ottawa being a left handed shot defenseman.

Ottawa currently has $3+ mill in cap space and only 2 LHD on their roster.

Dallas has $7 mill in cap space, but has 4 LHD on the roster (Heiskanen, Lindell, Smith, and Harley/RFA)

It won’t be POJ considering we just traded for him. Krug is too expensive. Can’t see it being Leddy as he’s relatively cheap and pairs well with 55, but I guess it could be.

My guess is it’s Perunovich going to Ottawa. It fits cap wise for them and replacing him with POJ makes us bigger at the least. Could be Tucker too.
Future considerations is basically a misnomer. There almost certainly isn’t a future player heading back to Dallas or ottawa in those deals.

Reactions: tfriede2

AudiStrat82

Jul 3, 2024
Yeah I totally get it that they typically aren’t anything aside from picks or cash, but I’m just trying to justify the current lineup. It seems incomplete to me.

And I don’t know why I thought that POJ was the future consideration coming back to us from Pitt in the Hayes deal, but I did 🤦🏻‍♂️

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
Future Considerations is a polite way of saying a player was traded for a bag of pucks, ie nothing. If Perunovich was going back as a part of one of those trades, it would’ve been specified in the trade.

I don’t see a glut of d-men. We currently have 8. We kept 8 all last season. I’d prefer to keep only 7 but all they’ve done essentially is replace Scandella with PO Joseph.

Parayko, Leddy, Faulk, Krug and Kessel pretty comfortably have spots IMO. Then Peru, POJ and Tucker battle it out for the last 2 spots. Loser gets put on waivers and likely sent to Springfield. Or they keep all 8 and only 13 forwards. I’d prefer to just bite the bullet and put one of these guys on waivers.

A team is going to use 8-10 d-men in a year as there’s almost always injuries. IMO, we could still use another tweener guy. Someone the caliber of Rosen. Would be ideal if that player’s a righty but almost 2/3 of the options are lefties so beggars can’t be choosers.
The tweener Rosen replacement seems to be Johannesson.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I totally get it that they typically aren’t anything aside from picks or cash, but I’m just trying to justify the current lineup. It seems incomplete to me.

And I don’t know why I thought that POJ was the future consideration coming back to us from Pitt in the Hayes deal, but I did 🤦🏻‍♂️
I think it's just an issue as you are viewing Tucker ahead of Kessel. Kessel passed Tucker last season, so we'll have 4 LD and 3 RD on the roster.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad