Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If they want a 4-5 year solution, they would focus on a righty, not a lefty. A lefty addition only makes sense as a short-term load-up with Nikishin on the way.
Well maybe there’s just nobody on the right side that’s available that they like. We don’t know they could of been after zadorov for a while now and just decide this is the opportunity to get him now that he’s a free agent

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Well maybe there’s just nobody on the right side that’s available that they like. We don’t know they could of been after zadorov for a while now and just decide this is the opportunity to get him now that he’s a free agent

That's sort of hard to believe. Unlike past years, the righty crop available is actually quite deep.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Zadorov would be a fantastic add if his value wasn’t so inflated. Would bring a lot of the physical/size intangibles this team is missing. But he’s gonna get a bigger contract than he deserves because of his size.

Also I think it was fine for a year last season with Orlov. But I really don’t like committing so much cap space for a 3rd pairing D. Feels like there’s better usage of cap space.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Zadorov would be a fantastic add if his value wasn’t so inflated. Would bring a lot of the physical/size intangibles this team is missing. But he’s gonna get a bigger contract than he deserves because of his size.

Also I think it was fine for a year last season with Orlov. But I really don’t like committing so much cap space for a 3rd pairing D. Feels like there’s better usage of cap space.

A cheap 2nd pair RD opens the door for an expensive 3rd pairing LD. Average D allocation over the past 6 seasons gives them ~$6 mil to build a bottom pairing with.

Not that I’m advocating for this.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
A cheap 2nd pair RD opens the door for an expensive 3rd pairing LD. Average D allocation over the past 6 seasons gives them ~$6 mil to build a bottom pairing with.

Not that I’m advocating for this.

The Hedman/McDonagh/Sergachev three-headed monster was a key factor in getting Tampa those two cups and the third finals appearance. Jan Rutta, of all players, played a lot of minutes next to Hedman at the time. I wouldn't be against such a construction.

Reactions: CandyCanes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
IMG_4950.png

Reactions: CandyCanes

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Nashville is going to be able to offer the most. Will stamkos want more money and be stuck in the mushy middle? Vegas doesn’t have a lot of money without moving money out first, which they don’t care about.

We’ll be in the middle there being able to offer more stability.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Nashville is going to be able to offer the most. Will stamkos want more money and be stuck in the mushy middle? Vegas doesn’t have a lot of money without moving money out first, which they don’t care about.

We’ll be in the middle there being able to offer more stability.
And a chance to stick it to his old team at least 3 times a year plus maybe even see them in the playoffs.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I really don’t have a strong desire for Stamkos. He can finish obviously but he’s at the end of the road here soon. Honestly I’d prefer Laine over Stamkos.

The appeal of Stamkos, from what I can see, is 1. Veteran wisdom to our young core from a guy who's been there and done that, and 2. The Canes don't need to offer up a ton of term to get him on board. To me, though, Marchessault is my preference.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The appeal of Stamkos, from what I can see, is 1. Veteran wisdom to our young core from a guy who's been there and done that, and 2. The Canes don't need to offer up a ton of term to get him on board. To me, though, Marchessault is my preference.
Also a right hand shot who can take some draws and instantly improves your powerplay. Feels similar to when they tried to sign Giroux

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’d lean that way too over Stamkos honestly. He creates his shots more imo.

I’d love Zads and so would the fans. He’s always been an entertaining player who’s finally getting more credit, he’s a lot better than people think of him.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I’d lean that way too over Stamkos honestly. He creates his shots more imo.

I’d love Zads and so would the fans. He’s always been an entertaining player who’s finally getting more credit, he’s a lot better than people think of him.

I have little issue with pursuing Zadorov either. I just think that a RH add makes more sense with the Nikishin factor, unless Zadorov is an unorthodox short-term/high-dollar add like Orlov was.

Reactions: Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I have little issue with pursuing Zadorov either. I just think that a RH add makes more sense with the Nikishin factor, unless Zadorov is an unorthodox short-term/high-dollar add like Orlov was.
I wouldn’t let Nikishin dictate anything until he’s here taking someone’s job. We put way too much emphasis on that as fans. We have a team that needs to play a whole season before he’s here, you sign the best guys you can. If he’s ready for a spot when he gets here you trade someone else. It’s a nice problem to have.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
If all Skjei is getting is the mid 6’s we’d be fools not to sign him.
Well, we're f***ing idiots right now so yeah. Expect it..

The fo has been pants on head stupid so far this year. That includes dumdon.

We couldn't puke up a 6m 5 year deal for pesce? Really?.

Yeah let's go for a 33 year old dude who his old team dumped in favor of the guy we f***ed around on and pissed off.

All to save a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad