Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
True. Blake will be the first priority to make the roster based on those factors and giving him a chance to play with the big squad
I guess I'm also intrigued to see the strategy with back to back games coming up too. Seems odd to close out the preseason that way but I'm guessing they still send the AHL crew on the road. If they don't, I just thought putting a few of the better performing rookies with some vet talent in one of the games would be a good idea in a number of ways.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I dont know, maybe I am just a bit fed up with the "Rod style Canes", especially now when Rod made such a long contract. Yeah it is effective to a certain point but it just seems that in playoffs other teams figure it out.. and its also just a boring way to play hockey. Sometimes it just feels that this kind of system is just some data analysts wet dream
How quickly we forget the Karmanos years post the cup win. 1 playoff appearance in 12 seasons, no playoffs for 9 straight, spending just above the floor, crappy attendance, boring (and bad) hockey, a roster full of AHL/NHL tweeters, a location nobody wanted to play in and constant rumors of relocation.

Yeah, sucks that Rod has such a long contract and the team uses analytics. Won't they stop for a moment and think of us fans?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
How quickly we forget the Karmanos years post the cup win. 1 playoff appearance in 12 seasons, no playoffs for 9 straight, spending just above the floor, crappy attendance, boring (and bad) hockey, a roster full of AHL/NHL tweeters, a location nobody wanted to play in and constant rumors of relocation.

Yeah, sucks that Rod has such a long contract and the team uses analytics. Won't they stop for a moment and think of us fans?
We also know that Dundon would prefer to hire a coach on the cheap. That is unlikely to work out as well with coaches that don't have an insanely strong tie to the franchise. Even with a good budget you can wander in the wilderness searching for a good coach for a long ass time.

I've said it time and again but some folks might need to be careful what they wish for. Runs like this are far from a given.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad