Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
@majordomo

As long as we get a 1st rnd pick for trouba, I'm good.

@GAGLine

If we ever trade kaapo, I won't budge unless there is a 1st rnd pick + coming back our way
Since we absolutely need to move Trouba for cap purposes, and other teams know it, I can't envision any scenario in which we get a 1st round pick for him. If we get a 2nd, we should be ecstatic.

Kakko may also be a cap casualty. It will depend on how much we clear by trading Trouba and what we do to replace Lindgren. A 1st could be possible for him, especially if multiple teams are interested, but we should get a 2nd at minimum. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or something like that is more likely.

Reactions: majordomo

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
As a guy that thinks Zac deserves the 6th spot; I wasn't too concerned about 1 scratch. However, today's practice pairings don't paint a pretty picture for him.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Since we absolutely need to move Trouba for cap purposes, and other teams know it, I can't envision any scenario in which we get a 1st round pick for him. If we get a 2nd, we should be ecstatic.

Kakko may also be a cap casualty. It will depend on how much we clear by trading Trouba and what we do to replace Lindgren. A 1st could be possible for him, especially if multiple teams are interested, but we should get a 2nd at minimum. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or something like that is more likely.
I think our defensive replacements are mainly in house. We may need a cheap vet for a year or so. With how much everyone here hates Lindgren and Trouba, it shouldn't take much to adequately replace them.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As a guy that thinks Zac deserves the 6th spot; I wasn't too concerned about 1 scratch. However, today's practice pairings don't paint a pretty picture for him.
Realistically Mancini would need to be sent to Hartford once Lindgren is off IR for cap purposes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Don't know if an expectation of a reduced return for Trouba is due to the known purpose of being cap compliant, but rather more specifically that $8m is overpayment for what he brings, i.e. if his cap hit was under $6m then even if he still needed to be moved because of our cap - at this price point his services would probably warrant a 1st+ as a return

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think it's likely that both Trouba and Lindgren play out the year for us and if that's the case Trouba will have 1 year remaining on his contract and Lindgren will be a UFA. I don't have a lot of hope that we're going to get much return for either and Lindgren as a UFA....maybe you make a deal right before free agency and get a 3rd, 4th rounder. Trouba I don't know......it's only 1 year but $8 mil is a lot for a guy who's at best a $4.5-5 mil player....that's if it was his injury hampering him last year and not just the wheels coming off his bus. Some teams might want the physical play and/or leadership role he can take on. I don't know.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I’m not understanding much of the pessimism around the team aside from the typical Rangers fan self loathing. This team is still really good.
I think most people just see this as the same team that got bounced by Florida and say "well how could they win the cup then if they didn't do it last year?

which isnt' really true but I get the desire to have a bigger turnover that is more exciting to look forward to rather than running it back.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I think most people just see this as the same team that got bounced by Florida and say "well how could they win the cup then if they didn't do it last year?

which isnt' really true but I get the desire to have a bigger turnover that is more exciting to look forward to rather than running it back.
How could Florida not win the cup if they did it last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad