Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I won't be upset because:

1) It's better to send him down than risk losing depth. Even if that depth isn't great, it's still better than the other options in Hartford.
2) Mancini can be brought back up at any time, and likely will play more in the NHL this year than the AHL.
3) We are likely to make the playoffs regardless, and I'd bet money that Mancini will be in the lineup when the games really matter.

Not every choice is black and white. It's not always about player A being a better option than player B. There are other considerations that factor into the decision.

Would I prefer to have Mancini stay with the team and play every game? Sure. But what I want isn't necessarily what is best for the team as a whole.

The only way Mancini doesn't get sent down when Lindgren is back is if Drury believes he can get Ruhwedel through waivers. Ruhwedel is making the minimum on a 2-way contract, which suggests no other team was willing to give him a 1-way contract. It may be then that no team would claim him. We'll see if Drury is willing to take that chance.

I don't think Drury or Lavi has any particular love for him. He barely played after we acquired him last year, and he has barely played this year so far. It's clear that they prefer Mancini. It's just a question of whether or not they will take the risk of waiving Ruhwedel.
And let's keep in mind that Mancini never played the full profession season worth of games - his games number should be monitored and he should be given rest about once every 4-5 games at least.

Reactions: GAGLine

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
idk, who do we think will be available? A Lehkonen or Barbashev type seems to be the best kind of player to pick up for the playoffs, a middle six guy who can fill in on any line, some scoring touch and a good north-south game
Not Anthony Duclair.

I'm sure someone off of the Sharks , Jackets, Ducks, Hawks or some other that shites the bed will force Drury to move a 1st .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If we lose any of the following:
A center
a RW
Panarin
Fox

we're absolutely f***ed

You can't really have a contingency for big time injuries.

Just gotta hope and pray.

Now, for minor injures i.e Laf a few games day to day or even week to week, I would like to try and integrate a Berard or even Othmann, but who knows what Lav will do

Fox was hurt for a 10 game stretch last year and the Rangers kept rolling through that period without a hitch. Some things can be weathered.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Toffoli is pure deadline bait lol but I don't want him. He's a sniper for sure but slow and one-dimensional plus i hate looking at his face
Toffoli has a 6M year contract for three more seasons after this. He ain't getting moved anywhere.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Mika will be our only anchor - maybe we get another buyout in the next CBA?
There will probably never be another compliance buyout. Neither side wants them, and it only happened that one time because the cap went down significantly as a result of the new CBA.
I
Meant
The
Deadline

lol
I don't see us adding a top 6 winger at the deadline unless there is a major injury to one of our current top 6 wingers. We have limited assets to trade, and we aren't going to spend what we do have on a player we don't need if everyone is healthy.

We really don't need an upgrade at any of the winger spots. Our RW trade was for Smith. We'll sink or swim with him.

My guess is that we'll spend what assets we have (notably 2 3rds) on defensive depth.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Mancini may be here until he screws up
We've been using LTIR since the beginning of the season, so we've accrued 0 cap space. Someone is going down when Lindgren is ready, and it will almost certainly be someone who is waiver exempt. The only options then are Mancini, Edstrom, Rempe and Cuylle.

Mancini is the most likely to be sent down since Vesey is still on LTIR and sending down any of the forwards would leave us with no spares.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Laf out day to day.

RW needs to be addressed. If either Smith or Laf go down for even a week or 2, it could really hurt this team.

Kakko is ass on a butt to have to play a top six role. Dudes a 3rd liner.
Laviolette might move Kappo to the top six.
For me, I’d like to see them give Berard a few games on Panarin’s line.
For posters who want Kakko traded , I’m curious what do you think he would return?
I’m guessing not much (?)
If a G.M. Was willing to overpay then I’m guessing that Vesey could take Kappo’s spot when he is cleared
Leave Kakko with Chytil and Cuylle. He’s a dependable 3rd line making 2.4 million.

Reactions: Daves a mess

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rempe in Laf’s place makes me think Laf is fine and theyre just being precautious…rrrrright?
Come game time Rempe would be moved to 4th and Jonny AHL will take the position of RW for for Panarin and Trocheck.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
trading KK is cutting nose to spite face
NO

agree we should sell 'high' -- on what is left -- of Lindgren, which should have been done at least 2 yrs ago along w/no to stupid win now rentals
Not my first choice, but there is no way they are going to be able to afford to sign him

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Laviolette might move Kappo to the top six.
For me, I’d like to see them give Berard a few games on Panarin’s line.
For posters who want Kakko traded , I’m curious what do you think he would return?
I’m guessing not much (?)
If a G.M. Was willing to overpay then I’m guessing that Vesey could take Kappo’s spot when he is cleared
Leave Kakko with Chytil and Cuylle. He’s a dependable 3rd line making 2.4 million.
Sign Kaapo, (if he's amenable), to something around 3x9ish. Like you implied, his trade value is poop on a rope.

Not a fan of his progress at all, but he can be stapled to my 3rd line and let him hopefully be a real good 3rd liner, and not run of the miller type.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Sign Kaapo, (if he's amenable), to something around 3x9ish. Like you implied, his trade value is poop on a rope.

Not a fan of his progress at all, but he can be stapled to my 3rd line and let him hopefully be a real good 3rd liner, and not run of the miller type.

The last thing we need is more run of the Miller types.

One Miller is enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad