Roster Building Thread - Part XII

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Multiple concussions. I dont blame him for not wanting to get another. His play has changed since them.
Yes and no.
He’s had multiple concussions, but his last one was before the Covid season where he was gonna hit 50 goals.

Reactions: Atax

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
NYR has a Rempe thing. It's odd. Maybe marketing thinks he speaks to the fans who are still sore from being outmuscled by the Flyers in the 70s.

He should be in Hartford, playing a lot & hopefully improving.
how about being humiliated by Wilson and the Caps a few seasons ago?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Miller hasn't done a thing in 2 seasons to get more than 6 million. But he will... :(

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If the refs are going to call things like that on him then the easy solution is to not play him. Calling out the refs won't do anything. If anything, it'll make them more likely to make calls since they'll be annoyed at you. If you know the outcome of a questionable Rempe play is going to be a penalty then stop putting yourself in that position. All that lets you do is complain after the fact.
No. I don’t agree with any of this

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If the refs are going to call things like that on him then the easy solution is to not play him. Calling out the refs won't do anything. If anything, it'll make them more likely to make calls since they'll be annoyed at you. If you know the outcome of a questionable Rempe play is going to be a penalty then stop putting yourself in that position. All that lets you do is complain after the fact.
Sorry that is NOT acceptable.
He will play w/in guidelines and they will not persecute him for doing so.

Barring any injuries Garand is Quick's eventual replacement......not Igor's. I think he's a good goalie but keep in mind he's not even necessarily the go to starter in Hartford yet. He's got the playoff games the past couple years and done really well but last year Domingue was up with the Rangers throughout the NHL playoffs. Also keep in mind that a whole shitload of us knew about Igor quite a while before he came over from SKA Petersburg. He was like 24/25 years old when he finally came over. Garand is 22 and not quite the goalie Igor was in Russia at 22. If/when Garand does make the NHL expect him to be earmarked as the backup for a year or two or three or maybe that's all he'll ever be.
We often agree, not here, agree to disagree.
Garand has the bern seal of approval
When he does get the opportunity, he will sufficiently at min shine

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Maybe. I not going to pretend I can predict with any certainty what he gets. We are going to have to wait and see, what he does this year will certainly impact it, just like with KK. But as I said I can’t see NYR cap dumping Kakko. Either he stays a stalwart defensive forward with limited scoring (even this past disaster year he was at 0.3PPG) and gets very little raise, or he takes a step and gets another 2mil-ish over where he is. Nothing really to be gained cap dumping a fairly young contributing player at that hit. Dumber things have happened though, so if it does, feel free to bust my balls. Hahaha. I can take it.

I want BOTH Ed and Rempe. And IMO both can contribute at this level. Rempe was causing Dmen to handle the puck like a grenade last game. And they are both cheap.
concur x 2 esp da bold

Reactions: bhamill

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
GAA of 3+ a game with a sub 900 SV%. In Hartford. You were advocating we move Lindgren back in 2021 because you felt Robertson was ready for top pairing minutes. The reality is most prospects end up missing. If they can't excel in the AHL, then they're going to get embarrassed in the NHL. Garand isn't ready. Just like Robertson wasn't ready in 2021.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
GAA of 3+ a game with a sub 900 SV%. In Hartford. You were advocating we move Lindgren back in 2021 because you felt Robertson was ready for top pairing minutes. The reality is most prospects end up missing. If they can't excel in the AHL, then they're going to get embarrassed in the NHL. Garand isn't ready. Just like Robertson wasn't ready in 2021.
eye test

Garand has cut it and this training camp esp confirms it
those stats are w/Hartford AHL guys

We SHOULD have dealt Lindgren before his wear + tear declines value further then it already has

Robertson concur has not made the jump; how much on him, how much on mgmt is a ?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
eye test

Garand has cut it and this training camp esp confirms it
those stats are w/Hartford AHL guys

We SHOULD have dealt Lindgren before his wear + tear declines value further then it already has

Robertson concur has not made the jump; how much on him, how much on mgmt is a ?
I agree on moving Lindgren. Hopefully Jones + Mancini's play motivates Drury to shop him at the deadline. I'm not convinced on Garand, yet. I need more than just an eye test. Kravtsov and Andersson both passed the eye test as well and neither of them are currently in the league.

If Garand's posting a sub 900 SV% in the AHL, to me that tells me he's not ready for NHL shooters.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Multiple concussions. I dont blame him for not wanting to get another. His play has changed since them.
I don’t think so. He had his last concussion before he became a star player .

I don’t need him to crash and bang or be a power forward.

I just want him to shoot the god damn puck again.

Miller hasn't done a thing in 2 seasons to get more than 6 million. But he will... :(
Hopefully they keep him with Fox for a long enough spell to see what he’s really made of

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sorry that is NOT acceptable.
He will play w/in guidelines and they will not persecute him for doing so.

We often agree, not here, agree to disagree.
When he does get the opportunity, he will sufficiently at min shine

He hasn't played a game in the NHL. He's a good AHL goalie but there are a lot of good AHL goalies who turned out average, mediocre or not good NHL goalies when they got their chance. Domingue is probably somewhere between mediocre and average and it's not like Garand is blowing him away at all---they've been about the same though maybe with the edge to Louis at least in the regular season.

I suspect you want to throw Garand into the deep end because Igor's pissed you off with his contract demands. When you throw someone in the deep end sometimes they drown. The only thing that really matters here though is if the Rangers can find a way to make Igor's demands work and I suspect they will. Quick will retire perhaps as soon as next year and we can bring Garand along at a pace that actually helps him to get his feet under him instead of forcing him very probably beyond his current capabilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad