Roster Building Thread - Part XII

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
A cheapskate owner would be up against the floor and not close to maxing the cap out. They have 2 or 3 million in cap space if they carry 13 forwards. 2 with and 3 without. Cheapskate is overblown.
You can spend to the cap and be cheap.
From what I've heard they don't spend a ton on scouting and their facilities aren't top tier.
They do a great job of spending the money they "have to spend" but not on the things that they really can do to get a bigger advantage.
Their analytics and coach are keeping them in things alot more than they should be.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
here's potentially good news

Byfield for Igor as a base
if possible zib gor pix prospect cap dump

Kreider - Byfield - gabe P next yr
set it and forget it
You and Eklund. Birds of a feather. Priceless.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You have to admire this kid’s ability to make the most of his opportunities. You don’t have to admire his hockey skill, which is almost non existent.

This guy is like a self licking ice cream cone. Somehow this larger than life persona has developed and the Rangers feel forced to feed it.

This is oddly specific and 100% accurate.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
No you seemed to get very frustrated and couldn't have a conversation after how I called out how silly it was to try to compare salaries to games played. Apples and oranges.
I pointed out a difference between believing he will be signed and believing he should/shouldn't be.

Then I responded to your other point by comparing his gp to other goalies around the league. In fact, in the original post, I even compared it to Henrik, and by extension to goalie deals Igor is referencing as a comparable when in reality the workload of goaltenders has changed dramatically, as have their salaries.

Idk what else having a converstaion looks like 🤷‍♂️

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
How are the Rangers affording to pay this raise ?

I need to see you calculator. Especially if Lafreniere and Igor are getting 20+ million between the two of them. They certainly aren’t giving Igor a monster deal to sacrifice their last year of Panarin
If they raise Kakko by 2mil to 4.4 you think THAT breaks the bank? Or if he plays well enough to make a little more than Chytil, say 5mil, that’s 2.6 as a raise.
If Kakko can put up 50 or more points while staying good defensively you think they are getting rid of him? Highly unlikely. Smiths 5mil gone, Trouba’s 8 mil gone, Lindgren 4.5mil gone, Laf extension kicks in a year LATER, with the cap finally going up again… projected at LEAST 4mil rise next season… they’ll find the money for Kakko if he breaks out. Would be stupid not to.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
We’re doing “many people are saying” Eklund rumors now eh. Didn’t even know that guy was still alive

NYR consider themselves a competitor. Only two ways we trade Igor. The first is if we shit the bed and are going to miss the playoffs (maybe a 5 percent chance) and trade at the deadline for a haul.

The other is trading his offseason rights for hopefully a late first round pick if someone is really rearing and ready to offer him what he wants before 3 others teams can.

This man gets it.

Eklund. For f***'s sake, come on.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If they raise Kakko by 2mil to 4.4 you think THAT breaks the bank? Or if he plays well enough to make a little more than Chytil, say 5mil, that’s 2.6 as a raise.
If Kakko can put up 50 or more points while staying good defensively you think they are getting rid of him? Highly unlikely. Smiths 5mil gone, Trouba’s 8 mil gone, Lindgren 4.5mil gone, Laf extension kicks in a year LATER, with the cap finally going up again… projected at LEAST 4mil rise next season… they’ll find the money for Kakko if he breaks out. Would be stupid not to.
Smith isn’t 5m for us. He’s retained. He’s a 3.5 cap hit.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
While i agree. It doesnt make a difference anymore. He needs to make the impossible saves otherwise he is just as good as swayman and not worth 12m.

Sorry, i have no sympathy for him. Be the best player on the ice every game. Especially so bc he doesnt play 30% of the games.
So go on being negative and unrealistic. There will be games when he other team scores a few. You could pay him 100 million and some are going in. Being the best doesn't mean your save % is .975

We're outscoring the opposition 9-3 so far at 5v5 through two games and already are talking about blowing up all the line combos?
Fans are idiots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad