Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
sure and 3,4 and 7th highest forward cap hits.

There’s a valid point that your best players should be your best players in the playoffs.

Mcdavid damn near carried Edmonton on his back. Mackinnon is a monster in the playoffs. Barkov was fantastic.

Mika disappeared. Panarin scores but soft goals and rarely clutch.

Tied with Barkov for 1st in playoff game winning goals yet “rarely clutch.” Makes sense.

Reactions: Mandar and TominNC

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
I am one of Othmann’s biggest supporters / defenders, but it’s absolutely mystifying, and by mystifying I mean Hound of the Baskervilles level of mystery, that there is anyone in the world who would jettison our 120 point player for Brennan Othmann right now.

What are we doing here, boys?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Crazy idea, but with Swayman and the Bruins at odds...

Trade Shesty for Swayman?

Swayman would have to agree to a 1-year deal initially for about what Shesty is making now, but we could then give him a long-term deal in January.

Swayman is younger and will probably take less than 12 mil.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Crazy idea, but with Swayman and the Bruins at odds...

Trade Shesty for Swayman?

Swayman would have to agree to a 1-year deal initially for about what Shesty is making now, but we could then give him a long-term deal in January.

Swayman is younger and will probably take less than 12 mil.
A handful of unknowns..What have the Bruins actually offered Swayman, what will/won't he accept, is he turning down what is assumedly an 8x8 contract and looking for more $$, are NYR setting an internal limit on how much they want to pay a goalie/what are NYR willing to pay for a goalie. If NYR are setting a limit and are trying to avoid paying a goalie, say $10/11m+, it might just be treading water. But certainly worth exploring. Makes me wonder what something around Shesty+Kakko could pull from the B's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad