Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I gotta agree with EdJo on this one.

Panarin-Trocheck-Laf
Kreider-Z-Smith
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Ed-Carrick-Rempe
Vesey

Miller-Fox
Jones-Trouba
Lindgren-Schneider
Ruhwedel/Long shot Mancini

Maybe something big happens with Kakko if he is bad and Othmann shows more going forward. Otherwise, I think this team is pretty damn good.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
y'all keep trying to trade kakko for young D with upside. nobody values Kakko.

hot take: trade Rempe for young D with upside.

you have Edström right there to fill that role.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Othmann and Berard were like top 5 in rookie scoring in the AHL last year which is pretty damn good. Cuylle put up similar numbers the year before. Othmann's numbers were pretty reliant on power play production though. What gives Cuylle the edge over Othmann are size, strength and a better game away from the puck and that better part of his game is important.

It's tough competition for Othmann and Berard and from what I can see the odds are against both of them. To have any chance they have to stand out. You look at someone like Vesey he's a smart and responsible player....dependable in checking situations and a good penalty killer. He had more even strength points in the NHL last year playing 3rd/4th line than Othmann had even strength points in the AHL with mostly top 6 ice time and if Brennan isn't going to get much power play time at all if he makes the Rangers putting him in to do what Vesey does for the team is downgrading that spot in the lineup.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Seems pretty clear that unless someone gets hurt, both Othmann and Berard are being sent down. Go to Hartford, pick up where you left off last season and be ready for a call up as needed.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Can Mancini switch handedness? I never want to watch Mackey play another game with a Rangers sweater. Good AHLer though.

Edit: Damn. Just as I said it.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
This could make Lindgren-Fox never happen again

Mantis needs to take this chance by the horns

Edit: Did not think Lavi would see this as more of a chance to put Miller-Trouba back together. Some things just don’t die here

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
They don't have the same role though...
Of course none of KK, Rempe or Ed is untouchable, it all depends on what is coming back.
no but Rempe's value is sky high. he'd bring back the most.

and they do have the same role? 4th line wing.

Literally stop trying to make 'Mantis' happen it's not a thing

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Edstrom is 2 years older than Rempe, he should look better. I'm not sure why it's an either/or thing. They should both play.

I will say this about Edstrom, his hand and forearm strength must be very good because if he can get his stick on a puck or his stick on an opponents stick he just doesn't lose that battle ever. He's heavy on his stick which is very valuable is a player that large. I said it last year but he is a NHLer and should be an everyday player on this team. He should also be on the PK

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth

Great article by Brooks, agree with this 100%.

He is so lurking on this board lol! That entire article was a counterpoint to the arguments here. He even brought up the notion you don't "need" an elite goalie to win the cup hahah! Solid article though.

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Othmann is not ready (and not all that close to being ready imo) but with all the fretting over Igor/Laf/Miller contracts coming up, we will need ELC forwards starting next year. I'm not pushing a former 16th overall pick out the door at the deadline for a rental because of impatience
Othmann for a TDL rental would be a terrible idea.
If we deal Othmann, it'd be more like a McGroaty / Yager deal or an upgrade for an established roster player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad