Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Vince's reporting states the complete opposite:

"But the source stressed that, had a deal been completed with a team that wasn't included on Trouba's list, rumors about him refusing to report, thereby breeching his contract and forfeiting his pay, were unfounded.

"There's a lot of things that were said and snowballed," Trouba said. "You're going to have to figure out where they came from. If you find out, let me know. I'm excited to be here, happy to be back in the room with this group and this coaching staff. I think we have a great opportunity ahead of us this year."
Absolutely wild that the team has two reporters saying completely different shit about this with Trouba still here. I have zero knowledge of reporter dynamics but why would the team let Brooks spew bullshit like that? Its not harmless like his usual grit brain rot or baseless roster speculation, that’s a pretty serious allegation against Troubas character as a captain

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sometimes people believe what they want to believe.

My guess is that Drury put out feelers and might have had interested parties--for one the Red Wings. That said it sounds to me like Trouba submitted his list on June 30 per the contract and Detroit wasn't on his list of teams he would go to (and it may be he left out Detroit because of the rumors). Now it might also be that some reporter was also hearing things and jumped the gun---because he wanted the scoop (it's how journalists score their goals)---right before free agency opened and decided to go with what he had before a deal could actually be made as he was working within a very narrow framework of time.....and now said reporter would rather not talk about it and let the whole thing die as soon as possible.

Trouba in any case and despite his denials was a bit salty today. You could see it in his face and hear it in his tone and subliminally in what he said. If you didn't find it uncomfortable viewing then the other option is you only find it laugh out loud funny.

FWIW and to reiterate again I think Trouba gets moved next summer. The Rangers need him this year but his cap hit is going to make negotiating new deals with Igor and Lafreniere pretty near impossible if he's still around and Lindgren's making too much in $'s too. So reconfiguring our defense is something in the relative near future. It probably would happen anyway even if both players were playing to the values of the deals they have. Rangers may even have to retain with Jacob when they do move him.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
doesn't seem to have much to do with the actual NYR, Drury or Trouba

Trouba did not rewrite his contract or throw a hissy-fit
he was honest with FO about his priorities and intentions
he never demanded special treatment, or threatened to contest consequences of not reporting,
if he got terminated, he could afford it, and he'd find another team,

it don't seem to me that it's Trouba doing the whining or bitching

"he never demanded special treatment, or threatened to contest consequences of not reporting,"

Uhhhhhh, that's exactly what he did...

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Absolutely wild that the team has two reporters saying completely different shit about this with Trouba still here. I have zero knowledge of reporter dynamics but why would the team let Brooks spew bullshit like that? Its not harmless like his usual grit brain rot or baseless roster speculation, that’s a pretty serious allegation against Troubas character as a captain
Brooksie's job is to sell NY Post+ subscriptions. And the media in every industry consistently lies or bends the truth based on whatever agenda the source feeding them has. I have nothing good to say about Trouba's play on the ice, but he's very obviously a stand up guy and leader. I tend to believe him if he feels the media more than the Rangers is to blame. You have to take everything these anonymous source merchants write with multiple grains of salt.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Brooks is a hack but Vince doesn’t know anything at all. He has zero sources and is by far the Rangers worst beat writer (and that’s saying a lot)

• Haha
Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You can almost see why Drury keeps things close to the vest when you have a beat writer trying to manipulate trades on your team's behalf. Who's got the job of Rangers GM here? I don't have any particular animus towards Brooks but sometimes a person can be his own worst enemy. Brooks is probably better keeping his distance from Trouba this year and have Mollie do most of his leg work for him.

To be fair there is pressure on these writers from their own papers.....to come up with content so they'll continue to be paid but also among themselves there is a competition to be one step ahead of each other and that's why sometimes fiascos like this happen.

Reactions: bhamill

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Brooks is a hack but Vince doesn’t know anything at all. He has zero sources and is by far the Rangers worst beat writer (and that’s saying a lot)
I feel like with Larry there’s at least a chance of him saying something of substance. The other two reporters seem like glorified kindergarten teachers there to disseminate MSG propaganda

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad