Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What does “a graceful way to save face for both” mean in regards to Panarin? Panarin finished 5th in Hart voting. The idea that he may have to slink out the back door or something is utterly bewildering. Maybe I am reading that statement wrong or something.
when his deal ends, he will want signif $$$$$$ and more not less term; if he wants/needs to he can retire
club will want to add quality cheaper youth to optimize roster while acknowledging unyielding cap

these are diametrically opposing positions

now if bread stays it is a ? of will he renew, at what # and for how long which neither side wants b'c of the above

but if he is dealt as a rental, then perception is different for us as sellers, acquiring club, and him as a player

that is what I've meant by that

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This isn’t the worst idea.

So, you didn’t watch the playoffs?

Rangers have to trust their younger players that were drafted high especially ones that showed signs of progressing like Lafy has. Give him an A on his jersey. He has leadership qualities too. That is great to have in a young player.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Still pisses me off. Set aside the fact that Trouba's been mostly awful for us and his salary is an albatross on our cap, HE HAS A LIMITED NMC. The f***er can't just rewrite his contract and throw a hissy fit and say "no, I won't report there." f*** you. You shitstain. I know you can't tell the future and you didn't anticipate your wife being a resident for an extra year, but that's your problem, not ours. This is a business. Ordinary people get fired and let go all the time due to "business reasons" or hell, for no reason at all and they don't have the luxury of having a big bank account to rely on through hard times. But this 8M a year f***head thinks he's bigger than the organization he works for and whined and bitched and took his ball and went home. What an asshole.

Like think of it in our day-to-day lives. Imagine the CEO of the company you work for says, "hey, we're drastically downsizing here, but we're opening another branch in many other states. We'd love for you to relocate there. You'd keep your lofty salary as is and everything." You can either say, "I love it here, but I understand it's a business so I'll relocate. Thanks for the accommodation" or "okay, well thank you for the opportunity, but I'd like to stay in this city as my family is here so I will just go look for another job." You don't pull a Hulk Hogan and say "that doesn't work for me, brother."

Honestly, this should be grounds for termination of the contract. Saying he won't report to a team he is legally allowed to be traded to? Good. We won't trade you but we don't have to pay you either. You're in violation of your contract and the contract is now voidable. Sayonara 8M a year. Enjoy being a stay-at-home dad.

Trouba is a bitch and so is Drury. f*** them both. Trouba should not be C of this team.

Rant over.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
When did people just randomly decide that Fox played poorly in the playoffs?
I think it's because 2022-2023, nobody remembers anything other than the implosion after game 2. Fox had 6 points in the first 2 games, but the actual team was just very bad in the post season. So fans will chalk it up to Fox was bad. That team was so bad that even 100% Fox at this best couldn't save that disaster from happening.

This recent season he was injured and didn't have the best showing.

Fans clearly want to see the best players dominate, and when they don't, some of those fans will go to the extreme. Also, Fox should be playing every meaningful minute of those games but for some reason we're stuck on the lower side of 20m unless the game goes to overtime. This is the playoffs, that number should be be reaching the higher 20's without overtime.

Last edited:

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Last 23 playoff games….. how many goals do you think Fox had? How about assists?

I watched every game twice- nonfactor poor on defense. One of our worst defenders.

Looks at the stats. Trouba had more.
You also thought he was healthy last playoff so your "observations" aren't carrying much weight...

Reactions: UnSandvich

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Still pisses me off. Set aside the fact that Trouba's been mostly awful for us and his salary is an albatross on our cap, HE HAS A LIMITED NMC. The f***er can't just rewrite his contract and throw a hissy fit say "no, I won't report there." f*** you. You shitstain. I know you can't tell the future and you didn't anticipate your wife being a resident for an extra year, but that's your problem, not ours. This is a business. Ordinary people get fired and let go all the time due to "business reasons" or hell, for no reason at all and they don't have the luxury of having a big bank account to rely on through hard times. But this 8M a year f***head thinks he's bigger than the organization he works for and whined and bitched and took his ball and went home. What an asshole.

Like think of it in our day-to-day lives. Imagine the CEO of the company you work for says, "hey, we're drastically downsizing here, but we're opening another branch in many other states. We'd love for you to relocate there. You'd keep your lofty salary as is and everything." You can either say, "I love it here, but I understand it's a business so I'll relocate. Thanks for the accommodation" or "okay, well thank you for the opportunity, but I'd like to stay in this city as my family is here so I will just go look for another job." You don't pull a Hulk Hogan and say "that doesn't work for me, brother."

Honestly, this should be grounds for termination of the contract. Saying he won't report to a team he is legally allowed to be traded to? Good. We won't trade you but then we don't have to pay you either. That's a violation of the contract and can render the contract voidable. Sayonara 8M a year. Enjoy being a stay-at-home dad.

Trouba is a bitch and so is Drury. f*** them both. Trouba should not be C of this team.
So Trouba AND Drury are definitely off of your Christmas card list?

Reactions: LiveLongandProspal

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Weekly reminder that Trouba and Drury suck and based on today's article, both can f*** right off.

Losers. Strip Trouba of the C.
Serious question did you have a previous username or something? I have taken the summer off and maybe I missed something but to me it's like out of no where this prospal guy shows up and he really hates drury

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This came across my YouTube feed today. FFS Russo eviscerates Milbury on Lavy’s firing.

First question - “Mike, how are you still the GM?” 🤣

To be fair, (and I really dislike Milbury) but he handled that pretty well.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I thought Smith was injured?

Also... i hate that he is wearing #91...

A cursed number for us.

Wennberg, Grachev, Blais, Tarasenko, Naslund...

Ugh... this is will be fine.
Naslund was decent for us that one year, then did us the favor of retiring.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
That includes two playoffs ago as well. It has been three years since he was that guy.

Zibs Pan and Fox. We win if they become as good or better than the other teams’ best guys.

When tampa won, hedman was a force, same with makar. We need fox like that… like three years ago. He hasn’t been the same the last two years.

it’s their attitudes…. You see fox pouting after every call and play? Zbad diving in that florida game?

These guys are the anti mess and graves.
dude.. you're clueless. devildog = devils fan?

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad