Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We've never let a UFA of this level, in their prime, go to UFA in the cap era. Will be very interesting to see if we can convince ourselves to do so.

To be honest, losing Yandle to free agency is probably the highest level player we've just allowed to depart.
biggest name maybe but Stralman was the best player we let walk.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I just don’t think the difference between elite goalies to good goalies and good goalies to average ones is large enough to warrant some $12 million cap hit.
I don’t disagree.
We’re also 1 day from the start of the season, Igor has some trade protection so it’s not like we can easily move him, we have the roster we have.
So it’s likely we either look internally, move him for his rights after the season, or give him a contract.
That’s basically our options.

Reactions: Bob Richards

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Well if drury lets him walks and and then is fired by Dolan it would be like we hit a grand slam.

Not only do we not sign an awful contract, but we get rid of an awful Gm.
But if he avoids that contract isnt he a GOOD GM? Its a PARADOX!

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
Well that is what I am getting at. Off ice i don't know, obviously, but I mention that cause he strikes me as someone that plays how he wants, regardless of what is asked and/or needed and that isn't good on a team. Just ask the Rangers and Panarin. More of those guys is bad. Less that, more Trocheck.
You can’t be serious with that comparison of Panarin and Zegras. Panarin is one of the best passers you’ll ever see, makes everyone on his line better, and that is somehow construed as selfish? Ok.

Get your eyes checked.

Reactions: haveandare

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
You can’t be serious with that comparison of Panarin and Zegras. Panarin is one of the best passers you’ll ever see, makes everyone on his line better, and that is somehow construed as selfish? Ok.

Get your eyes checked.
Mostly hyperbole in reference to wanting more players that play with the speed and tenacity like Trocheck. And how Laf is starting to round out his game with.

Though, I will admit my eyes aren't as good as they were, but I'm still pretty young. Haha

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
Admittedly I am fairly new to this community but have been a long-time fan of various sports teams including the Rangers for a long time. Help me understand…why does this community tend to hate our best players? Panarin and Igor are objectively our best players.

It’s really, really odd. Never seen the likes of it for any other online fan community I’ve been a part of.

It’s pretty common in soccer boards for fans of rival clubs to go undercover and rabble rouse saying all kinds if wild shit, I can only guess there may be some at it here with some of these absolutely insane takes.

Mostly hyperbole in reference to wanting more players that play with the speed and tenacity like Trocheck. And how Laf is starting to round out his game with.

Though, I will admit my eyes aren't as good as they were, but I'm still pretty young. Haha
Who does Tro and Laf share a line with? You ever watch a game and think hey this Russian guy is facilitating some of their success?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He’ll sign for 11.5ish. Might take until his yearly slump but it’ll happen imo. I get the argument for trading him but it’s fantasy and grass is always greener logic

Admittedly I am fairly new to this community but have been a long-time fan of various sports teams including the Rangers for a long time. Help me understand…why does this community tend to hate our best players? Panarin and Igor are objectively our best players.

It’s really, really odd. Never seen the likes of it for any other online fan community I’ve been a part of.

It’s pretty common in soccer boards for fans of rival clubs to go undercover and rabble rouse saying all kinds if wild shit, I can only guess there may be some at it here with some of these absolutely insane takes.

Who does Tro and Laf share a line with? You ever watch a game and think hey this Russian guy is facilitating some of their success?
People like to blame the highest paid players for the team falling short.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Letting him walk after this year isn't the worst thing.

It's better than giving him 12 per and it's better than screwing the last year with this core by trading him for a pick

One more go then let him walk. 12 mill is franchise crippling.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Kreider goes and Edstrom moves up the depth chart and assumes the net front role on the PP and that along with Trouba/Lindberg moving on should keep the best NHL goalie in town for next season . We can't keep every old winger here and our young guys need to play . It is the best possible solution I think for the betterment pf the team in the long haul.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
There is more to hockey than speed and tenacity. Panarin is the Riquelme of hockey. He got a lot of crap for not being a chicken with his head cut off in his sport, too, but eventually most everyone saw his genius at work.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider goes and Edstrom moves up the depth chart and assumes the net front role on the PP and that along with Trouba/Lindberg moving on should keep the best NHL goalie in town for next season . We can't keep every old winger here and our young guys need to play . It is the best possible solution I think for the betterment pf the team in the long haul.
Conflicted-Steve-Harvey-meme-5.jpg

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
that oscar lindberg will never cease to haunt us

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There is more to hockey than speed and tenacity. Panarin is the Riquelme of hockey. He got a lot of crap for not being a chicken with his head cut off in his sport, too, but eventually most everyone saw his genius at work.
Riquelme scored in the Champions League every now and then.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
People like to blame the highest paid players for the team falling short.
I get it, but I’ve only seen it when teams are actually bad or average, or guys woefully underperform their contract. We’re actually a good team with our best players doing very well.

Riquelme scored in the Champions League every now and then.
Panarin had 4 game winning goals in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad