Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Big year for Panarin, Trouba and Kreider (and by extension Mika but hes not going anywhere). I think Drury is itching to cut bait on these guys and another disappointing end pretty much gives him leave to do whatever he wants with them next summer. I've seen some people say they want or think we need another rebuild too. My advice? Seek professional help.

The entire team is under the age of 25 outside of the guys making big money, and the guys making big money are movable this summer. They have to pay Igor. There is no viable replacement in house (Garand is a long term backup), you just hope he doesn't completely rake the team on the contract because he will become a villain if he doesn't get us a Cup.
disagree
Garand can cut it now esp if easing in behind Quick to start
Kreider remains a keeper
Mika + Shesty + Jones
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljigren

Zib waives to play w/Matthews

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I predict Mancini will perform like one of our best 4 defenseman, in however many games he gets into. Long term i am actually very high on the defense. Fox, Miller, Schneider all have tons of experience for young players. There are times of frustration but i expect them to keep improving. Jones is making a believer out of me. We are dying for that kind of offense on the backend. The sooner Lindgren and Trouba gone from this team, the better. They jam everything up. The team needs a veteran top 4 guy who doesnt suck.
25-6
Theodore Fox
Miller Schneider
Jones Mancini

Reactions: McRanger92

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What I think should be IS relevant to the extent we need to start building pushback, so when the next CBA is due, it will not get in/get in to extent as they are now
That's exactly what I'm talking about, though. The NHL would have to negotiate with the player's union as part of the CBA talks if they wanted to change or eliminate movement clauses, and the union would push back hard on that.

I haven't seen any indication that it's something the NHL is concerned about, so it's unlikely to change in any case.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
The question is whether you want Igor to go to full free agency with no real plan of who is going to be your next starting goalie except pot luck.

I would rather let igor go than have to fo through 8 years at 12 million.

In all honesty i dont think we win a cup with or without igor. This core just doesn't have it.

We dont have an elite center that u need. Zib is not it.

If we cut bait with igor it will expose this team for what it is quicker and have a chance of maybe sucking for a year or two and winning a lottery or getting a center in the top 10 of the draft.

Panarin and kreider aint going to be around and produce for lever, and i dont think we have the prospects to pick up the pieces. And again we have NO center depth which is the most important piece for a cup.

If we sign igor for that awful contract of 7 or 8 by 11/12 then we are resigned to 6-8 years of mediocrity, and early round exits. We certainly wont be leaving the second round bc the Devils are going to be a force.

if im Drury i call igors bluff. I dont negotiate till the end of the year. Igors value cant go much higher, but he can certainly come down in price with any shakiness.

Plus if we dont win the cup this year, you have to think that a rebuild/retool could be on the table. Trouba gone, panarin on the last year of contract, kreider with 2 years. Thats some interesting pieces that could be moved for good returns. Also trocheck and even zib. everything should be on the table if we dont win this year. Especially if kreider, panarin and zibs no show late in the playoffs again

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Should stop looking at Vesey altogether and deal him now
I wish they'd stop lookin at Brodz and Vesey. Both of them are holding spots that should be held by players on two way deals you can send back and forth to the AHL. The fact we send better players to the minors for fear of exposing either guy is silly. And, for God's sake, when you have a guy like edstrom in the minors, play him at center so when we need one he's there instead if clinging to Brodz because he's a ahl center.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
we all take for granted that 20/93 will continue a 5v5 decline while maintaining special teams production and effectiveness.

does anyone have any hope that Smith will be anything more than JAG? that he'll precipitate some better offensive play from those two?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad