Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So with Robertson waived, so I guess Mancini made the team for right now while Lindgren is hurt?

Rangers should pick up Jenik from the Senators off waivers. Adds RW depth and is a pest type player. Only 24 years old. Kind of a psycho on the ice.

So Berard and Mancini made this team as of now?
We have enough pests. We need output. We don’t have enough goals

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Schneider got 2 years @ 2.2 mil. I could see Jones getting a similar AAV on a 1 or 3-year deal. Barring anything unforeseen, this will be Jones first full year in the NHL. Yes, he was on the team all of last year, but he only played 31 games and none in the playoffs. This is the first time he'll play as a regular. Let's see how he does with it.

I feel Jones has earned a longer term deal being the pro he is and I doubt he takes a short deal. After a full season he should be able to translate that into a 3 or 4 year deal imo.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So just thinking logically, Price signed 10.5, Igor wants more than that. Say it's 11. 8x11 is 88. He can sign here for 11 or sign somewhere else for 12.5, which would really be pushing it imo. So this should be easy for him, it probably comes down to ntc etc at this point.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm not against moving on from Lindgren if we can find a suitable replacement, but this is the problem with trading away picks and prospects. There's no one in our system who can reliably replace him next season. That leaves free agency or trade, and the options for those are pretty thin.

I don't expect Trouba and Lindgren are going to be Rangers for the 25-26 season. That will give us an extra $12.5 to work with. That leaves Fox, Miller, Schneider, Jones and maybe Mancini with Emery, Fortescue maybe showing up in 26-27 or 27-28. I don't see a good reason though why Mancini won't at least be a regular by 25-26.....maybe that even happens this year. The big contracts coming up are Shesterkin, Lafreniere and Miller.....how much cap space their deals take the next priority will probably be bringing in a defenseman more likely via a trade than doing an overboard deal in free agency.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Rangers should pick up Jenik from the Senators off waivers. Adds RW depth and is a pest type player. Only 24 years old. Kind of a psycho on the ice.

Kakko is 23 going to be 24 and his 6th session. If he can't figure it out now. He never will. So he might breakout at 28 on another team.

We should pick up Jenik because he’s only 24 and plays like an animal, even though he hasn’t shown enough in 7 seasons to become a regular NHL player.

We should trade Kakko because he’s already 23 and is finished developing.

It’s painful watching you struggle. 🤦🏻‍♂️

4QR08V.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
compared to what?
he's on a par w/Mackey and has less upside than Robertson
I disagree with all of this. He’s outright better than both.

If you want to say we don’t usually play dmen with Brannstrom skill set, yeah I buy that. But I’m not having that he isn’t better than those two.

But again our puck movement, especially at the blue line, is a major weakness. Brannstrom helps that. Give him audition while Lindgren is out. Couldn’t hurt

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So just thinking logically, Price signed 10.5, Igor wants more than that. Say it's 11. 8x11 is 88. He can sign here for 11 or sign somewhere else for 12.5, which would really be pushing it imo. So this should be easy for him, it probably comes down to ntc etc at this point.
preference 1: sell Igor now for top $$
like I've said, something like
Shesty + zib + Lindgren
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljigren

option 2:
shesty 11.25 x 8 BUT NO FUGGIN CLAUSES
we sell him a yr from now best offer

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I disagree with all of this. He’s outright better than both.

If you want to say we don’t usually play dmen with Brannstrom skill set, yeah I buy that. But I’m not having that he isn’t better than those two.

But again our puck movement, especially at the blue line, is a major weakness. Brannstrom helps that. Give him audition while Lindgren is out. Couldn’t hurt
Bran is not that good
you have a pref for him over Mackey, fine

as to Robertson, he is def better now
but that is not what I said
Robertson has a better size/reach etc skillset
that shit you can't teach
you hope his skating can continue to improve

Bran is better but has plateaued
no big whoop

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bran is not that good
you have a pref for him over Mackey, fine

as to Robertson, he is def better now
but that is not what I said
Robertson has a better size/reach etc skillset
that shit you can't teach
you hope his skating can continue to improve

Bran is better but has plateaued
no big whoop
Robertson hasn't made NHL level. He is on waivers and his best case scenario is the Ryan Graves path. Rightfully or wrongfully If we believed in Robertson, he simply would not be on waivers. And we have had him in house and gotten a better look at him than anyone else. I am not saying Brannstrom is a permanent solution; I am saying he is better than what we have internally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad