Roster Building Thread - Part XII (Season starts 10/9 @ 7:30 pm)

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
One of two things will happen:
1. Igor will have an awful year, for one reason or another, and he'll regret not taking the $88M
2. Some idiot will give him league max with an NMC in the UFA market -- after which point Igor will have an awful year, for one reason or another.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And St Louis & Pitt before them. Hell, Corey Crawford wasn't exactly an all time goalie either.
Nah, Crawford was super underrated.

But that's canceled out by the fact that Matt Murray was never an NHL goaltender and won it back to back years.

Like, that was the end of this discussion. A dude that's playing in the AHL at 30 -who has gotten absolutely lit up there in cups of coffee the last two years BTW- won back to back Cups. It's over. RIP goaltending. Time of death: 11:17 PM, June 11th, 2017.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Igor turned down a contract that (with proper financial planning) would have allowed his GRANDCHILDREN to float a bouncy castle across an ocean instead of ever having to work.

He rejected it. f*** him sideways.
That wouldn't even require proper financial planning.

You can put three quarters of 88 million dollars up your nose and your grandkids still wouldn't work.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Here's an option....

Igor wants top top top $$$$$$$$$

13 x 3
or 12.25 x 4

but again, no fuggin clauses

that is short term extra cap pressure until we unload him, but it is also not long term risk if we do not

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Corey Crawford, fun fact, had a very, very similar career to Carey Price except with multiple Cups.

Like, when you think about it like that...

Carey Price is the biggest meme in NHL history. Like, Habs fans literally imagined his perception and whined about it until everyone believed it. It's impressive.

Reactions: Ail and Harbour Dog

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Corey Crawford, fun fact, had a very, very similar career to Carey Price except with multiple Cups.

Carey Price is the biggest meme in NHL history. Like, Habs fans literally imagined his perception and whined about it until everyone believed it. It's impressive.
I guess my point earlier was that Crawford's stats didn't blow anyone away, nor was he a perennial all star. I agree he was a very clutch playoff performer.

Crawford is actually the blueprint of what we wish we had. A guy who was more of team guy than a goalie that needed to carry his team. Somewhere around a top 10 goalie who doesn't need to be the highest paid guy, but rises to the occasion for big games.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

They were forced to give him the MVP because the NHL had the worst scoring race in league history that year lmfao

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think you guys are being too pessimistic about this team. We finished 1st place in the NHL last season and lost in the ECF in 6, to the cup winners. We did so barely adding anyone at the deadline and are going in with basically the same team.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
One of two things will happen:
1. Igor will have an awful year, for one reason or another, and he'll regret not taking the $88M
2. Some idiot will give him league max with an NMC in the UFA market -- after which point Igor will have an awful year, for one reason or another.
So the Rangers are gonna have 2 awful years in a row? Haha

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
We don’t sign Igor, win the cup with him, he leaves and we don’t win another cup in any of your lifetimes. I’m 65 so one more and I’m good.
I just turned 60.

F Igor and his gun to our heads demands.

Sign him for 12.5 and imagine Johnny Brods in your top 9 next year.

Florida looks amazing btw. We ain't beating them.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad