Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

mti79

May 11, 2007
How does this stuff work in the US anyways, you get licenced in one state, can you work in all 50?
As stated, you have to pay for each state and make sure you meet all the requirements. Same for nurses.

The issue isn't that she's a Dr with a job she likes, it's that she's in her residency training. You apply for those and you're pretty much contracted for however many years the residency is. (Each specialty has their own). To switch in the middle is not easy as you have to apply to the new program and hope they have a spot open for you.

Between that and having a 6 month old baby, I understand why Trouba doesn't want to move.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
That team is pretty much done and didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years. Malkin, Crosby, Letang, and Karlsson are all in their mid/late 30's also. Not jealous.
I’m jealous of the baseless optimism of their fanbase. The kind of optimism that’s bred by having back to back generational talents and lots of winning.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
He might stay here but we don't have to play him. His wife does NOT run this team.
Yea listen we can say this in the forum, but let’s be real, it’s not going to go down like that.

And if we learned anything about Drury, its that he’ll wait for the second coming of Kravtsov to try and get something of value back for his assets (unless you’re Buchnevich, “best I can do is two hockey card packs and a tug from jovo”)

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Not reading the last 5 pages of this abomination thread but you guys have inspired me to quickly construct my all time Rongos team:

Marcel Hossa - Olli Jokinen - Krav

Enver Lisin - Scott Gomez - Nigel Dawes

Tanner Glass - SC Champ Brett Howden - Sjostrom

Brendan Smith - Cory Locke - Aaron Voros

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

Ah, shit I forgot Kotalik was a winger but I’m keeping this as is.
This team could use Freddy Sjostrom’s speed on the 4th line.

Roszival, Staal, and Girardi should never be on a list like this. Bickel shouldn’t be either. He beat all odds to play in the league.

Quintal, Lefebvre, Pilon… etc … are the names you’re looking for.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Current line combos have allowed Mika/Panarin/Kreider to coast and rack up points on the PP. they’ve wilted 5v5 in 2 ECFs. Panarin is an elite player but Trocheck/Laf carried his ass all playoffs. He has a knack for clutch goals but he needs to get to a Kucherov level in the playoffs for Last minute goal in Game 6 was too perfect.

Kreider needs to be away from Mika and vice versa. Completely neutered playing their globetrotter shit with some bozo in the sidecar. Kreider needs to up the physicality and leadership for this team. He got embarrassed by Tkachuk. It’s on him that he’s not the captain of the team but it doesn’t mean more isn’t expected of him by the fanbase. He should be the next Messier, but he hasn’t been.
The next Messier? What the fan base expects? Both off the wall crazy shit right there. Since when should Kreider be the next of a top 10-15 player ever? Talk about over demanding, which is the problem with what fanbases expect. Kreider is a damn good player who has gotten more productive as he's gotten older. To bad on the fans who demand more. They're the ones who are in the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bernmeister

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I still maintain that every time Kakko and Kreider have played together (without Zibanejad), they have looked good. Not a large sample size though...

If Drury and Laviolette want to get serious about making Kakko into a good player, put him with Kreider and Trocheck. Panarin-Mika-Laf should be the top line.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The next Messier? What the fan base expects? Both off the wall crazy shit right there. Since when should Kreider be the next of a top 10-15 player ever? Talk about over demanding, which is the problem with what fanbases expect. Kreider is a damn good player who has gotten more productive as he's gotten older. To bad on the fans who demand more. They're the ones who are in the wrong.

Who come from the states. States rights brings us local laws that infringe on peoples personal rights because at a local level fringe groups can gain control and dictate.

You're taking it too literally, im not saying Kreider has the potential to be a Hall of Fame payer. However, if Kreider accepted the captaincy, as was his birthright, and the Rangers won a Cup, he'd be more popular as NYR than Messier. Unfortunately, he and the rest of the leadership, has had the "let someone else be the hero" mentality too much.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Was Ryan Suter that bad in Dallas, or was his contract too onerous for the role he played hence the buyout?

He might be a worthwhile target for a cheap one year contract.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Drearury must have aspirations of extending R.Smith otherwise the price is high.
If that's true, then Drury is even dumber than I thought. Smith will be 34 when his next contract starts and we've got a plethora of winger prospects, two of whom were drafted by Drury in the 1st round.

Reactions: leetch99

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Laff is on 2 X $2.325 right now. So to get that equivalent off his elc, hed need 6 (max years he’ll sign for) X $9.225. $9.225 X 6 + 2 X $2.235 = $60mm.
Oh. I see what you are saying now… but honestly I doubt that it is the case that they are looking to be compensated retroactively. I guess we will have to see what they settle on, but even if they pay him 9.25 for 6, I think the contract will be team friendly by year two of it. I feel there will be a jump this year and next.

I’d rather him be putting time into his skating, but it’s his career
I’m sure he’ll do both, but he needs to learn to defend against being hit in the head better. It’s a good move for his career and post career life.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
They will have to live with the Trouba deal for this season and work something out between the camps for the best of the club on the ice and off as well. They need his money but likely can ? survive without it for this season if he moves next Summer . He will be OK as a solid 5th-6th Dman for us this season and thus be able to retain his C status . Everybody walks away happy ...maybe he goes all in for one last chance at a Cup with the C ...fairy tale ending .

Reactions: deathb4disco

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
You're taking it too literally, im not saying Kreider has the potential to be a Hall of Fame payer. However, if Kreider accepted the captaincy, as was his birthright, and the Rangers won a Cup, he'd be more popular as NYR than Messier. Unfortunately, he and the rest of the leadership, has had the "let someone else be the hero" mentality too much.
I think you and many fans are projecting your opinion of what should be on other people, in this case Kreider. The guy has had a great career for us. People worry too much about "CAPTAIN". Was Rod Gilbert any less of a Rangers legend because he didn't win the Cup and wasn't captain? Some guys aren't captains which as we've seen is so important the Rangers dump them first chance they get.

Let Kreider get his 40 goals, stop expecting/demanding he be as physical as you want him to be and enjoy his contributions to Rangers history.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Rempe should probably be working on, ya know, being an NHL player and the skills associated with that

As opposed to fighting

But at least he’s self aware that he’s a sideshow.

Why can't he be working on both? This is like saying a guy who needs to learn to skate better and use his edges better should be on the ice for 15 hours a day. Could they work on that for an hour and then hit the gym for an hour? Could they also work on their shot? What about stickhandling?

Fighting is a skill. It needs to be worked on and refined just like any other.

Ad

Ad

Ad