Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
There's too much uncertainty going on.
1. The Trouba drama.
- Not being able to trade him has handcuffed the organization for free agency. If they retain/buy out/keep/or take a contract back that's cap they have to account for going forward.
2. Alexis Lafreniere.
- I guess it's going to be a wait and see when it comes to signing him. That could work out or it could end up being a much bigger contract than they anticipated going into the offseason. All it takes is 1 Zibanejad injury for Lafreniere to add some more powerplay points.
3. They have a goalie wants to be paid
- This ones speaks for itself.

If they waisted the money fans would also be screaming come next season when these contracts kick in and the funds aren't there for the above reasons.

We sure as shit better be giving every young goalie playing pro hockey within our system looooong looks this year. This league is so weird regarding which goalies come in and look great. Especially if Key & Schneids show growth and Jones is capable.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Lol. Come on. Top 3 goalie in the league and you're telling me you don't believe he'd get a contract somewhere else? Someone just gave skjei 7x49 and Wennberg 2x5, giving shesterkin 7x11 isn't that far of a stretch.
If Shesterkin wants top dollar from a bottom team in the league, I’m totally fine saying goodbye.

He isn’t as good nor as consistent as prime Lundqvist or Price.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol. Come on. Top 3 goalie in the league and you're telling me you don't believe he'd get a contract somewhere else? Someone just gave skjei 7x49 and Wennberg 2x5, giving shesterkin 7x11 isn't that far of a stretch.
Oh Shesterkin would absolutely get a contract from somewhere else. Above 10mil? Not so sure.

Look at what top-goalies just fetched on the trade market. Look at what top goalies recently signed for. Vasilevsky and Bobrovsky are not the current comparables anymore.

Reactions: Guyute

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Not reading the last 5 pages of this abomination thread but you guys have inspired me to quickly construct my all time Rongos team:

Marcel Hossa - Olli Jokinen - Krav

Enver Lisin - Scott Gomez - Nigel Dawes

Tanner Glass - SC Champ Brett Howden - Sjostrom

Brendan Smith - Cory Locke - Aaron Voros

Roszival - Redden

Kotalik - Bickel

Staal - Girardi (2019)

Brendan Smith

Ah, shit I forgot Kotalik was a winger but I’m keeping this as is.
I made first line! I very proud… ahemmm. I mean Kravtsov should be proud

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I might be in the minority, but I have no issue extending Lindgren for 2-3 years as long as the cap hit isn't very much more than $3M he's making right now.

The cap is poised to explode, and a $3Mish cap hit on the 3rd pair is just fine.

He's also coming off the worst season of his career, one where he looked like he was playing injured for much of the season. There's reason to believe his play could rebound, but that needs to be taken into account in the length and AAV of his contract.

The big thing is player utilization. He needs to be on the 3rd pair. That's on the coach. Find a better partner for Fox.
The problem is one of Trouba or Lindgren had to go. We need to upgrade the back end with someone who can actually move the puck up the ice. Jones is a start but he’s not enough. The fact that Trouba is now staying should signal that Lindgren should be the odd man out but who knows with this franchise. And you and I both know if Lindgren is staying, they’re going to play his ass on the first pair. For all we know they think hes great there lmao

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The problem is one of Trouba or Lindgren had to go. We need to upgrade the back end with someone who can actually move the puck up the ice. Jones is a start but he’s not enough. The fact that Trouba is now staying should signal that Lindgren should be the odd man out but who knows with this franchise. And you and I both know if Lindgren is staying, they’re going to play his ass on the first pair. For all we know they think hes great there lmao
Trouba is staying on a team he knows doesn't want him anymore? Where did you get this confirmation?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Oh Shesterkin would absolutely get a contract from somewhere else. Above 10mil? Not so sure.

Look at what top-goalies just fetched on the trade market. Look at what top goalies recently signed for. Vasilevsky and Bobrovsky are not the current comparables anymore.

Lol...San Jose, Chicago, Calgary etc would all pay him, there hasn't been a goalie signed since the cap went up in Shesterkins league.

It's as if there is one store where hockey players find wives. They're almost ALL blondes.
You got it backwards, only one place blondes look for husband's, the rich isle.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
there hasn't been a goalie signed since the cap went up in Shesterkins league.
Shesty is the best goalie in the league... but don't fool yourself. Hellebuyck, Sorokin and Saros are absolutely "in his league".

The difference between Shesterkin as the best goalie in the league, and whoever you have as the 2nd best goalie in the league is MUCH smaller than between McDavid and MacKinnon as the best skater in the league.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
2024-07-08 16_53_04-Reddit - Dive into anything — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are stubborn too. Kreider and Zibanejad are stale. Time to break them up. The Stars had an issue with Seguin and Benn. Dallas broke them up. The Hintz line emerged as their top line. Benn was dropped to the "third line" with Johnston. Seguin was moved to the second line.

The Stars don't have a prototypical "third line". The Rangers don't have "third line" type of personnel. The Stars have lost in the WCF in back to back seasons. If the Stars had a "third line" shutdown line, maybe they would made the SCF in the last couple of seasons.

Break up Kreider and Zibanejad. Mix up Trocheck. Panarin, Lafreniere, Chytil, Smith, Kakko and Othmann/Cuylle.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
RB is right. Need to mix the youth and veterans which will mean some unhappy veterans will be on the “third line” in name.

Onus on PL to manage the minutes appropriately

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Rangers are stubborn too. Kreider and Zibanejad are stale. Time to break them up. The Stars had an issue with Seguin and Benn. Dallas broke them up. The Hintz line emerged as their top line. Benn was dropped to the "third line" with Johnston. Seguin was moved to the second line.

The Stars don't have a prototypical "third line". The Rangers don't have "third line" type of personnel. The Stars have lost in the WCF in back to back seasons. If the Stars had a "third line" shutdown line, maybe they would made the SCF in the last couple of seasons.

Break up Kreider and Zibanejad. Mix up Trocheck. Panarin, Lafreniere, Chytil, Smith, Kakko and Othmann/Cuylle.

No one really runs a classic "shutdown line" anymore.

If anything, Dallas lost this year because they didn't get enough goals against the Oilers. I don't see how a shutdown line would have helped (they scored 4 in their final 3 games.)

Does that sound kind of familar? It should, because it's almost exactly what happened to the Rangers against Florida.

Agree with the rest of this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad