Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What has KAM done to deserve a new contract? If he doesn’t show up this year snd be better and more physical not make so many boneheaded defensive lapses id rather trade his ass.

Okay, this I have to take exception to.

24 years old
30 points in 80 games with minimal PP time (only 1 power play point)
~21:34 TOI per game
148 hits
117 blocks
57 takeaways
34 giveaways
His CF% rel last year @ 5v5 was -2.3 playing most of the year with Trouba

Seriously, I understand we all want an entire defensive corps of Adam Fox clones but K'Andre Miller is a bona-fide top-4 defenseman who can join the rush and kill plays on his own and he's 24 years old. Even if he stops progressing after last year, which is hard to fathom given his age, he's still worthy of a long term contract by THIS organization.

People want sweetheart long term deals, K'Andre is an opportunity to lock in a key player at a very key position at a reasonable salary throughout his prime years. Even if he explodes, he's looking at something around $7m per season likely. If he doesn't then we're probably looking at something in the $6m's.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
By the way, the obvious pivot here is to move Lindgren and trade for a LD that replaces him. At which point you move Trouba next summer.

I don’t know what that player looks like and what they’re trading but if they’re serious about improving the team, that’s the door that’s available at this point.

That should have been the pivot the moment the deal fell apart with Detroit. Keep your assets from Smith, sign someone like him in FA for just money, and make a move for a LD

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Apologies for inserting myself into a conversation that I'm not involved in, but I just don't see the leak coming from the Rangers org. Love him or hate him, Drury runs a very tight ship as far as info leaks go. They just fired Ramsey for exactly this reason. Unless Drury approved the leak for some 3D chess reason, I have a hard time believing that the leak came from NYR.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Maybe this is a lesson for the front office to not hand NMC's and m-NTC's out like candy.......
Tbf, it's like people keep ignoring that this was Gorton's regime, as they they bitch about Drury.

Perhaps not your exact point, but an adjacent though as I've been watching him cursed by fans all over here and X.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
So, my big question is... will Trouba be booed at home games like Wade Redden once was? Like is there that much animosity from fans?

1720030945107.jpeg

:ghost1::ghost1::ghost1::ghost1::ghost1::ghost1::ghost1:

1720031074073.jpeg

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
NY Post reporting one week ago:

"THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE. Whether by trade or by waiver, Jacob Trouba will not be returning."

One week later:

"Jacob Trouba will most likely be returning."

NY Post reporting one week ago:

"Chris Drury not content to run it back. Nothing is off the table!"

One week later:

"Rangers likely to run it back. Everything is off the table."
It’s so over

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Apologies for inserting myself into a conversation that I'm not involved in, but I just don't see the leak coming from the Rangers org. Love him or hate him, Drury runs a very tight ship as far as info leaks go. They just fired Ramsey for exactly this reason. Unless Drury approved the leak for some 3D chess reason, I have a hard time believing that the leak came from NYR.
Enjoy your Retirement Glen
1720032439150.jpeg

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So, my big question is... will Trouba be booed at home games like Wade Redden once was? Like is there that much animosity from fans?
I may not boo him, but the next time I'd cheer for him is if Bettman calls him over to lift the cup. There is nothing else he can do to get me to cheer for him.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Utah not liking any of our trash is so unfortunate. Reminds me of my 5th grade science project on ways to crush a can and it was just a rock that rolls down a cardboard ramp. Or my 8th grade hot air balloon science project that just sat there and never took off. People just walked by with a sympathizing look.

Reactions: bouds

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Utah not liking any of our trash is so unfortunate. Reminds me of my 5th grade science project on ways to crush a can and it was just a rock that rolls down a cardboard ramp. Or my 8th grade hot air balloon science project that just sat there and never took off. People just walked by with a sympathizing look.
Preparing you for a life as a Ranger fan.
Funny how the universe works?

Reactions: Tob

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I may not boo him, but the next time I'd cheer for him is if Bettman calls him over to lift the cup. There is nothing else he can do to get me to cheer for him.
I hate this site. Th problem is he won’t be capable of doing anything worth cheering for and will just continue to be the anchor he is on defense and for the team. Loads more to boo about then cheer for

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Panarin chose to come to NY. Adam Fox forced his way to NYR. Trocheck came to NY.
There is no agent going "Hey you know, Lets not go to NY." If NY offers the player the most money, they will come to NY. To think otherwise is just false.

In regards to the family stuff, Trouba should've negotiated his contract to include a NMC or a full NTC. Since he didnt, the NYR have the right to trade him to 15 teams or place him on waivers. Spinning it into some PR nightmare is so dramatic.

Im not ignoring Trouba's right to refuse to report. If he wants to lose out on 16 mil, thats his choice.

So your saying the NYR need to take families into consideration while operating a business? Come on man. That's just absurd.

Waiving Trouba wont affect the organization in the slightest in regards to FA.
Honestly if that’s the case, the best route is to waive him… let’s be honest, whatever we were getting back from him via trade isn’t the dealbreaker. It’s losing his cap hit…..
I’m not sure how the PR trouble lies solely at the rangers feet.
Waive him…. Some team will def claim him for 2 years……
Then he can tell the team that picked him up his intentions not to report ( for whatever various reasons).
At that stage the team that picked him up and Trouba n his agent can all agree to mutually terminate his contract……

Like I said previously, he was a multi-millionaire prior to NYR paying him 44 million dollars so far….
Leaving that 12 mill cash on the table is not really an isssue. He can sign a 2-3 year deal for 5-6 mill with a team of his liking/location.
But right now, after all this drama, if I were GM he would not be a rangers to start next season. Let alone captain.

Drury

“ Jake, you’re a great guy and have been a good soldier for us, but financially we can’t have you taking up an 8 mill cap hit playing 3rd pair/PK…. It’s hurting the teams chances of adding what we need to add to move fwd.”

Trouba
“ sorry Chris, my wife won’t let me……..
I knocked her up and she had to differ her residency for a year. So now with the new baby, and her needing to finish a year of work I’m not allowed to leave NYC. Here are my list of Teams in my NTC. By the way if you waive me, I’ll tell the team I’m not reporting and we’ll just void my contract…. 12 million dollars at this point in my career won’t make or break me”

Drury
“ wow nice life. Congratulations on the baby and wife becoming a DR.
Even though most of your contract has been paid, and I’m not violating any terms, you’re still gonna go kicking and screaming out the door?”

Trouba
“ hold on let me check. ( asks wife)…….
Yup that’s right Chris. Family 1st, and we’re rich already. I can’t have anything disrupt my lifestyle.”

What to stop this guy from pulling the same shit next offseason with a different excuse????
Sorry Chris, I know I said I’ll go quietly if traded next year, but my son’s piano teacher is in NY. We’re not leaving, here’s my list of teams…..
You can put it around again that I’m not reporting if I’m picked off waivers…….

I’m sorry, this is ridiculous…. The guy can hire an army of nanny’s and housekeepers to accommodate his wife for a year while he goes and does his JOB….. it’s not even a full 12 months…
I’m sure his immediate family and hers can help out a lot. Trouba has made enough to take care of a lot of people if need be.
To me, this is complete bullshit to let him get away with this.
You can not let inmates run the asylum like this… I think he’s bluffing as well. If push comes to shove and he’s waived, he’s not sitting out 2 years of hockey at 30 years old, then expecting to jump right back in the fold where they decide they want to settle down……it doesn’t work like that with athletes. But this is his only card to play atm…. Make sure other teams know I’m not leaving and picking me up in a trade or on waivers is a waste of time, I won’t report…..
What a joke.
You can let the inmates run the asylum on their terms…. This is like some Goldie locks shit. This is too soft, this is too hard, etc etc

The guy has 0 bend for anything to switch in his personnel life…..

If I’m Drury, do what’s necessary…. I also don’t think we’ll see Trouba working for NYR organization in any capacity once he’s retired like many former players do.

I’m sure Drury m/NYR will bear some blow back, but a PR nightmare of epic proportions so large that it will affect FA players from coming to an original 6 franchise in 1 of the most famous cities in the world, that has the chops to be competing for the cup in at least the next Half decade ……. No absolutely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad