Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I thank everyone for finally coming to my side of things and seeing that this team will be the same as last year. The defense will remain the same and that’s the biggest problem. Reilly smith is a disinterested scab, carrick is a 4th line scrub. We are locked in for the next 2 years with this team. It is what it is, just have to wait the two years out
I guess we will have to suffer through another 110 point season. Such a shame.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
No troubadour is here for the duration of his contract. There’s is no point in buying him out and leaving loads of money on the cap when he is gone and he will decline any trade out of here. Lindgren will be resigned bc nobody else wants him and there is nobody out there to take his place. This is our team for the next two seasons. And it’s nowhere near good enough,
With all the speculation the past few days, I thought I heard that Trouba's situation changes within the year, thereby allowing him more flexibility

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
There’s a lot of talk about the player’s emotions here. Yeah, they’re human, we get it.

All of that said, how can these guys not have any negative emotions for Trouba after he embarrassed himself and the franchise all throughout the playoffs? Throwing and missing on wildly dangerous hits. Constantly taking himself out of the play. Narrowly avoiding suspensions for egregious elbows. Penalty after penalty.

For all this talk about leadership, the guy plays one of the most selfish games I have ever seen. I would be PISSED if I was a teammate given Trouba’s critical role in pissing away a real chance at the Cup.

I still can’t believe this dude has an $8M cap hit and is the captain of the team. It’s ridiculous and it sucks to be us.

nyrob13

Jun 21, 2015
I thank everyone for finally coming to my side of things and seeing that this team will be the same as last year. The defense will remain the same and that’s the biggest problem. Reilly smith is a disinterested scab, carrick is a 4th line scrub. We are locked in for the next 2 years with this team. It is what it is, just have to wait the two years out
So a President's Trophy?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
So when Vince writes "Othmann just setup Perreault off the rush for a nasty wrister." you think it was just off a line change?
Nope... I mean both on the same line... both playing the same wing.

Like Laf and Panarin. Laf lines up for faceoffs on the right wing. But during play him and Panarin like to hold hands in the neutral zone on the left wing boards.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Nope... I mean both on the same line... both playing the same wing.

Like Laf and Panarin. Laf lines up for faceoffs on the right wing. But during play him and Panarin like to hold hands in the neutral zone on the left wing boards.
reminder that bread tro laf had more ES goals than any other line in the league

on second thought go on. let's get it all out now.

Reactions: n8

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Thing about Laf Panarin and Trocheck is that it isn’t just about what you get from that line, but what you don’t get from the others.

What matters is the net impact of a change on the full top 9. You can always load up late game like so many other teams do

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Just what we need, more besties. I’d rather our guys hated each other, but won.

Yeah, that totally works. Bring back Tony DeAngelo.

Worked for the Flyers too when they were legit contenders and Lindros decided it was open season on other players wifes.

Or when Hasek decided not to suit up because the rest of the Sabres hated him. Hasek got his cups. But it wasent with Sabres.

Divided rooms never conquer.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I’m totally down to let all the FA’s walk and bring Berard / Otter / Edstrom up and see what they’ve got. It looks like that is dru’s plan and I’m glad he didn’t sign any of those FA’s yesterday. Maybe he makes a big trade splash for a top six forward. I can see a world where Berard or otter thrive as the twins RW.

Also how many times has pesce been injured going into the playoffs? Am I tripping or has he been injured during crucial moments for the canes. They let him walk. Just the obligatory ‘f*ck the devils’ bit here.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Thing about Laf Panarin and Trocheck is that it isn’t just about what you get from that line, but what you don’t get from the others.

What matters is the net impact of a change on the full top 9. You can always load up late game like so many other teams do

The way I look at Panarin vs. the Panthers is that Florida focused so much on keeping Panarin quiet that they left more room for Trocheck and Lafreniere to do their thing. So I didn't have a problem with anyone really on that line. Mika's line sucked. Wennberg's couldn't get anything going and when Vesey got hurt the 4th line struggled afterwards. When team's pressure as much as the Panthers do the forwards have to find seams in their D and behind their D and burn them with odd man rushes and breakaways. Both forwards and defense never really got it together enough to do that. Our D couldn't take the pounding and our forwards weren't supporting them enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad