Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This may be the most ridiculous post on this board in recent history. Either create a separate post for fantasy or start drug testing posters. Really trading Shesty to NJ. Come on stop this foolishness.
If you are objective and not merely ad hominum, you would weigh all the parts and come to the conclusion that, very short run, there is a bit of an extra add to NJ; BUT beyond that, Rs benefit including on youth and cap.

It only needs revision b'c just after posting, Marino got dealt.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
we're gonna be stuck with Lindgren + Trouba + Zibadejad again next season arent't we...
I wish they'd ask Mika for teams but no, had to cave and give him NMC. This contract will be am issue within the next few seasons. Too bad they don't have 2 years left on his either

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Me waking up to see Sergachev, Marino, and a bunch of other defensemen were coveted and moved but we're still sitting here with Lindgren
jlvKdZ.gif

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Me waking up to see Sergachev, Marino, and a bunch of other defensemen were coveted and moved but we're still sitting here with Lindgren
jlvKdZ.gif
Dont stress it man. His play doesnt result in him being injured all the time. He's going to age well. Total warrior. He'll totally play the 3rd pair and wont be glued to Fox anymore. The contract will totally be a blessing. Its going to be reasonable too.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Dont stress it man. His play doesnt result in him being injured all the time. He's going to age well. Total warrior. He'll totally play the 3rd pair and wont be glued to Fox anymore. The contract will totally be a blessing. Its going to be reasonable too.
u serious?

i'm not sure what LIndgren brings to this team, besides his constant injuries.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Last night they were talking about how Utah is going to take a heavily analytics backed approach to building their org. I immediately crossed them off my mental list for Trouba/Lindgren suitors lol.
People need to stop acting like Bill Armstrong is an idiot of a GM or something, he's actually a terrific hockey mind who was just doing what he had to do with in the structure he was operating in. People keep ripping on Utah and looking at them like their dumping grounds for things they don't want to have to still pay for but this isn't the 2015 coyotes anymore. Utah is going to be good in the next couple of years

Reactions: majordomo

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I have no doubt the Rangers leaked out the possibility of Trouba being available about a week ago to drum up interest around the league. Detroit has been rumored for years. I can’t imagine they are the only team interested. If nothing else they may be using Brooks right now to drive up/down the price. Nothing happens until Monday because that’s when the pressure on Trouba ramps up.

Lindgren will resign, shorter term and dollar than you think. You’ll even be pleased.
As long as he doesn’t get any type of NTC (he can’t get protection for the first year) that’s fine.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I have no doubt the Rangers leaked out the possibility of Trouba being available about a week ago to drum up interest around the league. Detroit has been rumored for years. I can’t imagine they are the only team interested. If nothing else they may be using Brooks right now to drive up/down the price. Nothing happens until Monday because that’s when the pressure on Trouba ramps up.

As long as he doesn’t get any type of NTC (he can’t get protection for the first year) that’s fine.
Exactly right, on both.

See you Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad