Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I just really need him to adopt "the word on the streets is" as a prelude, like that Ottawa insider with a nick name on twitter. Because everything sounds more credible if its coming from the streets.
I'm going to live in the world where this is the NYR twitter person and they get a heads up 5 minutes in advance.

Extremely short term insider with no one bitching at him here.

nyrob13

Jun 21, 2015
I'm going to live in the world where this is the NYR twitter person and they get a heads up 5 minutes in advance.

Extremely short term insider with no one bitching at him here.

I have not claimed to be an insider! Just bringing my people some fun.

Reactions: Atax

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Also, living costs? Oh please. Why not make a compromise to the cap where Winnipeg gets extra because the weather is shitty.
I mean, yeah, I’d be fine with that actually. I personally feel pretty bad for Canadians not in Toronto or Montreal who have to sit back and watch guys like Tkachuk and Gaudreau (etc. etc. etc.) just raise up and leave. These are the most intensely loyal fans in the league, probably the world, and they have no other options where they live.

I understand that no system will ever be perfectly equitable. But the whole purpose of the salary cap as I understand it is to level the playing field, and this league has absolutely not done that with this system.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Who do you think is ready? Just curious. Othmann? Is he ready for big minutes on the 2nd line?
It's less any one guy than letting the gaggle of mid level guys compete and see what shakes out.

Othmann, Berard, Rempe (who knows!), Edstrom (who knows!), Brodz (random fill ins work all the time for short samples), Cuylle (most likely) is 6 guys for probably 3 spots. If they all brick out you can *always* find someone if you really want to.

Reactions: Atax

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Hello again friends.

My waiver senses are tingling.
1718736959779.png

• Haha
Reactions: nyrob13

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
The Rangers should consider grabbing Barclay Goodrow off waivers. Great playoff performer, competitive guy. Salary is a little high but I think with the news that Barclay Goodrow was waived today, he'll fit right in.
Honestly I'm not really interested in Barclay Goodrow. That being said I'm interested in bringing in that guy Barclay Goodrow. Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad