Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I agree but EF just speculates most of the time. We’ll see what the contracts look like. Would you rather have Goodrow for 3 years at 3.6 or Joshua for 4 at 3.8
He really doesn’t, and when he does he makes sure to make it very clear he’s not basing those statements on what he’s heard.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
He really doesn’t, and when he does he makes sure to make it very clear he’s not basing those statements on what he’s heard.
I don’t know I listen to 32T a lot and he speculates constantly. Yes he says he is speculating but he does it all the time. The clip Ranger Boy is referring to he said he’s got a feeling based on talks with people that those types of guys will be in demand. We’ll see I guess

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Just play Brodzinski. We’re already in our zone much of the time while Goodrow is on the ice. How much worse could Jonny B be?

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Brodzinski is 5x better at center than at wing. Play him at 4C. Part of the reason that Goodrow’s possession metrics are so bad are because Goodrow is not a C.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The reason Brodzinski was called up is Filip Chytil got concussed. Personally I thought for the most part his play was acceptable. That said I'd prefer if we had a better 13F option and he spend at least most of the next year back in Hartford. He's a very good pro and at the AHL level he's been the Pack's best forward for some time. He does everything for them and is an all situations player and when he's been in the lineup the past couple years he's led that team on and off the ice. He's a big loss for them when he's been up with the Rangers.

Another thing though is the guys on our 4th line need to play like a 4th line. I hate it when we're throwing guys like Kravtsov or Gauthier there because they just don't have the right mentality for grinding and hard forechecking and good defensive play. They don't score goals in that kind of situation and they don't do the things you need a 4th line to do either. Brodzinski can.....meaning he's not a terrible option but still I'd like a somewhat heavier, harder forechecking guy.

Lomberg is UFA.....someone like him. He's not that big but he hits like a truck and he's a total dick to play against. Lots of attitude. Not going to score a lot but Derek Dorsett didn't either.

Last edited:

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The reason Brodzinski was called up is Filip Chytil got concussed. Personally I thought for the most part his play was acceptable. That said I'd prefer if we had a better 13F option and he spend at least most of the next year back in Hartford. He's a very good pro and at the AHL level he's been the Pack's best forward for some time. He does everything for them and is an all situations player and when he's been in the lineup the past couple years he's led that team on and off the ice. He's a big loss for them when he's been up with the Rangers.

Another thing though is the guys on our 4th line need to play like a 4th line. I hate it when we're throwing guys like Kravtsov or Gauthier there because they just don't have the right mentality for grinding and hard forechecking and good defensive play. They don't score goals in that kind of situation and they don't do the things you need a 4th line to do either. Brodzinski can.....meaning he's not a terrible option but still I'd like a somewhat heavier, harder forechecking guy.

Lomberg is UFA.....someone like him. He's not that big but he hits like a truck and he's a total dick to play against. Lots of attitude. Not going to score a lot but Derek Dorsett didn't either.
I want

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Lomberg is a guy I wanted since he was waived from the Flames, reminds me of a less skilled Brandon Prust. Rangers need guys like that in the top 6. Rangers need to have skilled grit. I would love to see Cuylle get a longer look with Mika and Kreider to be honest. A guy like Bennett would be nice here. One reason I would not mind Max Domi or Bertuzzi on July 1, but I doubt Rangers have cap space for either one.

Reactions: leetch99

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I agree but EF just speculates most of the time. We’ll see what the contracts look like. Would you rather have Goodrow for 3 years at 3.6 or Joshua for 4 at 3.8
There are a lot of teams interested in Joshua and only 1 will sign him. Those that don't will pivot to other options.

Goodrow just had the kind of playoffs that earn guys like him those contracts. His value may never be this high again. If we can leverage that to move him, we should do it.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Theodore might become available bc of Vegas’s cap situation. For Brady, I’d trade quite a bit push comes to shove. Laf, Igor, Fox off the table but anyone else would be on the table. I’d try to hold Perreault and Schneider, but would relent on one of them if I had to
I honestly don't think we have the pieces to trade for Brady. The sens won't want magic beans, they will want legit players. We won't want to trade what it would costs.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad