Value of: Ross Colton RFA Rights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That's interesting. 3LD is definitely a position of need, and we have a tendency to go for bigger guys on the backend. Haven't seen Stanley play much since he was on Kitchener so I don't know where they line up value-wise. My initial instinct is an add from Winnipeg?
Yeah I'd imagine probably an extra pick or prospect on the Winnipeg side

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Elliotte Friedman said on the 32 Thogughts podcast a while back that Vancouver could be a good fit for him, don't know if there's any truth to that.
Would LOVE if that was true.
Heck, IMO any prospect not named Pettersson (the defenseman), Raty (he's got upside and still has term, wouldn't rule him out as an immediate 3rd line candidate), Podkolzin (probably to early to give up on him just yet), Lekkerimaki (we just signed him to ELC), McWard (we need RHD) or Hirose (he played 20+ minutes in OEL's place and looked pretty stable) can be yours.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Elliotte Friedman said on the 32 Thogughts podcast a while back that Vancouver could be a good fit for him, don't know if there's any truth to that.

I can see why he'd be a good fit for the Canucks, in terms of sorta re-shaping what that roster looks like. That's more of the type of game i think they'd like to infuse there.

My question is, if Tampa can't afford him under the cap...can Vancouver? Canucks already have a bunch of wingers they're trying to fit on the roster and cap they're trying to move out.

Seems like acquiring Colton would have to be contingent on some other moves going through.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Devils will be all over this.

Graeme Clarke? He ripped it up in Utica this year and appears ready to take the next step.

Tyce Thompson may be a fit too. I don't think they'd part with Stillman.
Stillman, really? I thought everyone hated the pick? How does he slate in with TT and GC? I dont know much about his play since we picked him

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
If I am Tampa, I look for Reilly Walsh from Utica to be part of the package. Kid has owned Syracuse since coming into the league, either playing at home or in Syracuse, and is just the type of defenseman needed for the organization now that Raddysh has "established" himself as NHL caliber.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
If I am Tampa, I look for Reilly Walsh from Utica to be part of the package. Kid has owned Syracuse since coming into the league, either playing at home or in Syracuse, and is just the type of defenseman needed for the organization now that Raddysh has "established" himself as NHL caliber.
Problem with Walsh is I believe he is no longer waiver exempt so if he fails to make the roster they risk losing him on waivers.
As a Devils fan, I'd have zero problem throwing him into a package for Colton.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
With Colton looking for a pay raise and Tampa might not want to pay more than 3-3.5m for a 3rd liner that likely wont see top 6 time under Cooper.
Would any team be willing to part with 1-2 youngish players that may or may not need a change of scenery that would fit a 3rd line role or bottom D pairing spot.
Foudy + Bean?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
No tax Florida vs high tax NJ? Don't see him doing that as a free agent. Devils would have to trade for him.
First he's an rfa so it would have to be a trade
Second he's a lifelong Devs fan, and is on record saying he'd love to play for the team
Third, Devs trending up, Tampa evening out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad