Value of: Ross Colton RFA Rights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
With Colton looking for a pay raise and Tampa might not want to pay more than 3-3.5m for a 3rd liner that likely wont see top 6 time under Cooper.
Would any team be willing to part with 1-2 youngish players that may or may not need a change of scenery that would fit a 3rd line role or bottom D pairing spot.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
He’d be a great fit in Edmonton’s bottom six, but we don’t have any of the budget type contracts TB targets.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
With Colton looking for a pay raise and Tampa might not want to pay more than 3-3.5m for a 3rd liner that likely wont see top 6 time under Cooper.
Would any team be willing to part with 1-2 youngish players that may or may not need a change of scenery that would fit a 3rd line role or bottom D pairing spot.
Devs have interest in the hometown boy
Have a couple of pcs that may work for Tampa

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Logan Stanley could be a fit. Big guy at league min who can play bottom pairing minutes. Jets have too many LD to keep him around

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
He almost certainly will be top 6 though, as with Killorn almost certainly leaving, it would take quite the camp and pre-season for a Syracuse promotion to take that spot from him.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
He almost certainly will be top 6 though, as with Killorn almost certainly leaving, it would take quite the camp and pre-season for a Syracuse promotion to take that spot from him.
im not gonna put it past Coop to stick him in the bottom 6 as an energy guy all season again

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Devils will be all over this.

Graeme Clarke? He ripped it up in Utica this year and appears ready to take the next step.

Tyce Thompson may be a fit too. I don't think they'd part with Stillman.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Jordan Harris?

Habs probably not looking to move him after signing him to an extension, but he is our least compelling young LHD with Guhle and Xhekaj

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Logan Stanley could be a fit. Big guy at league min who can play bottom pairing minutes. Jets have too many LD to keep him around

That's interesting. 3LD is definitely a position of need, and we have a tendency to go for bigger guys on the backend. Haven't seen Stanley play much since he was on Kitchener so I don't know where they line up value-wise. My initial instinct is an add from Winnipeg?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Elliotte Friedman said on the 32 Thogughts podcast a while back that Vancouver could be a good fit for him, don't know if there's any truth to that.

Reactions: Petey O

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Devils will be all over this.

Graeme Clarke? He ripped it up in Utica this year and appears ready to take the next step.

Tyce Thompson may be a fit too. I don't think they'd part with Stillman.
I'd do those for the Devils.

Colton is an intriguing target. I think he has some breakout potential.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
at some point, Barre-Boulet needs to make the roster....no?
No guarantee he will. So far he’s been one of those who dominates in the AHL but just can’t make it work at the highest level. Maybe that changes and he finally gets over the hump next season, but I don’t think many are particularly optimistic at this point. He’s certainly not somebody you move a productive player to make room for.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
at some point, Barre-Boulet needs to make the roster....no?
Barre-Boulet will be at the top of the list of Syracuse players to get a shot out of camp. There will probably be 1 or 2 F spots available, and it's probably between him, Ryfors or Goncalves(unless another player surprises). Even if ABB does make the team, Colton should start at 2LW. ABB could.end up in the top 6 though if he does well.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
No guarantee he will. So far he’s been one of those who dominates in the AHL but just can’t make it work at the highest level. Maybe that changes and he finally gets over the hump next season, but I don’t think many are particularly optimistic at this point. He’s certainly not somebody you move a productive player to make room for.
He's had 32 NHL games over 3 or 4 seasons. It hasnt been close to a big enough sample size to make any real judgement. He hasn't really been needed in Tampa until now, and if he has taken another step forward in his game, he would certainly be a welcome addition. Between him, Ryfors and Goncalves, it's time to get some new faces in the lineup.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Wonder if that would be possible with all our player under contract but i would not mind à maybe futur 3rd line of Colton Beck Heinemen

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tampa always seems like they find a way to keep the band together. It wouldn't surprise me that he's back and Killorn is too, getting Maroon/Perry money.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
He's had 32 NHL games over 3 or 4 seasons. It hasnt been close to a big enough sample size to make any real judgement. He hasn't really been needed in Tampa until now, and if he has taken another step forward in his game, he would certainly be a welcome addition. Between him, Ryfors and Goncalves, it's time to get some new faces in the lineup.
I get that; I’m just saying we wouldn’t trade somebody like Colton who has proven himself at the NHL level just to make room for ABB. If we trade Colton it’ll be for cap reasons, and then ABB will be battling with some of those other guys to fill the role, but ABB hasn’t shown enough to where we’d clear somebody out just to get him on the roster.

sabresnyper

Jun 23, 2009
Syracuse, NY
Barre-Boulet will be at the top of the list of Syracuse players to get a shot out of camp. There will probably be 1 or 2 F spots available, and it's probably between him, Ryfors or Goncalves(unless another player surprises). Even if ABB does make the team, Colton should start at 2LW. ABB could.end up in the top 6 though if he does well.
Right. I'm in Syracuse and just see him as a top 6 guy.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I get that; I’m just saying we wouldn’t trade somebody like Colton who has proven himself at the NHL level just to make room for ABB. If we trade Colton it’ll be for cap reasons, and then ABB will be battling with some of those other guys to fill the role, but ABB hasn’t shown enough to where we’d clear somebody out just to get him on the roster.
100%, I wouldn't move Colton unless it was a serious overpay, and wouldn't want to replace him with any of those three. I think ABB could challenge for 2LW if Colton is a better fit at 3LW, but I think at least 1, if not 2 of them, get a middle/bottom 6 spot next year. 1 if Tampa re-signs Perry or another ufa, or 2 if not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad