Rookies that made your team's opening day roster

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
From what I gathered on my line tracking (put ?'s on the guys I'm not sure if they count)
According to Hockey Reference, "25+ games in a single season or 6+ in any two preceding seasons and you are no longer a rookie." Based on that, it seems that Clarke (LAK) is no longer a rookie because he played 9 in 22-23 and 16 in 23-24.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonMorrison

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Philly media is so annoying. Let the kid play and see where he is at from 0-9 games.

Torts and Briere have it right...this time.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Maxim Tsyplakov might be too old for Calder eligibility (turned 26 last month) but he'll make his NHL debut with the Islanders. 327 career KHL games.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
According to Hockey Reference, "25+ games in a single season or 6+ in any two preceding seasons and you are no longer a rookie." Based on that, it seems that Clarke (LAK) is no longer a rookie because he played 9 in 22-23 and 16 in 23-24.
neither is Coronato, as he played 34 last season

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Hutson
Kapanen
Roy/Heineman

Roy's been sent down to the AHL. Got too complacent and had a crummy pre-season.

I wonder if they'll do what the Habs did with Audette and his son and have him leave the room any time they discussed his son so there's no conflict of interest/drama.

My nephew was a skating trainer as a youth. The Habs sent Daniel Audette for some skating lessons. The kid wouldn't listen for shiat. My nephew almost got into a fight with him on the ice. Donald's son was a jackass and he unsurprisingly washed out.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
None for Hawks
The rebuild is OVER!

Must be an awesome experience having your dad behind the bench for every NHL game. I wonder if they'll do what the Habs did with Audette and his son and have him leave the room any time they discussed his son so there's no conflict of interest/drama. Granted, John MacLean is only an assistant so I doubt it'd have too much impact one way or the other.
They used to do the same with Bonnie Lindros in Philadelphia

Reactions: Stive Morgan

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
:sens
RD - Carter Yakemchuk
C - Zack Ostapchuk
LD - Tyler Kleven

Note: It seems Kleven's rookie season was last year when he played 9 games. He falls under the "6+ games two years in a row" rule.

Edit: Yak was sent down. He looked spectacular and was good enough to make the team, but the Sens must want to avoid rushing him.
Is there any quotas on the useage limit of "chuck" for Sens?

From what I gathered on my line tracking (put ?'s on the guys I'm not sure if they count)

ANA: Gauthier, Luneau, Zellweger
BOS: None
BUF: Kulich
CGY: Coronato, Honzek, Klapka, Wolf
CAR: Montgomery
CHI: Allan
COL: Kovalenko, Ritchie, Ivan, Malinski
CBJ: Pyyhtia
DAL: Bourque, Stankoven
DET: Johansson
EDM: None
FLA: Samoskevich, Giles
LAK: Thomas
MIN: Ohgren, Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov
MTL: Kapanen, Heineman, Hutson
NSH: None
NJD: Casey
NYI: Tsyplakov
NYR: Edstrom, Mancini, Rempe
OTT: Kleven
PHI: Luchanko
PIT: McGroarty, St. Ivany, Blomqvist
SJS: Celebrini, Smith, Mukhamadullin, Gushchin
SEA: None
STL: Bolduc
TBL: Geekie
TOR: None
UTA: Doan
VAN: Raty
VGK: Brisson
WSH: None
WPG: None
Wouldnt Bains and Silovs qualify as rookies for Canucks?? They didnt play much last season

Ad

Ad

Ad