Rookies that made your team's opening day roster

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Maxim Tsyplakov and if you count him as a rookie still, Kyle MacLean
Must be an awesome experience having your dad behind the bench for every NHL game. I wonder if they'll do what the Habs did with Audette and his son and have him leave the room any time they discussed his son so there's no conflict of interest/drama. Granted, John MacLean is only an assistant so I doubt it'd have too much impact one way or the other.

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
Kevin Korchinski (Bustchinski) did not make the Blackhawks and will no doubt carve out a long and productive AHL career.

Way to go.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Hoven from Mayor's Manor (he contributes to the Kings and provides independent coverage) thinks Andre Lee, the Kings 2019 7th-round pick, will make opening night roster.
Akil Thomas is also still a rookie. So, that's two for the Kings.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
:sens
RD - Carter Yakemchuk
C - Zack Ostapchuk
LD - Tyler Kleven

Note: It seems Kleven's rookie season was last year when he played 9 games. He falls under the "6+ games two years in a row" rule.

Edit: Yak was sent down. He looked spectacular and was good enough to make the team, but the Sens must want to avoid rushing him.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
With injuries/suspensions, Kovalenko, Ritchie and Ivan Ivan will make the line up. Malinski should be the 3rd pairing RHD. Ritchie is probably only for a 9 game run, hes played well offensively but doesnt have a pro player's all around game yet.

Kovalenko and Ivan were both much better in the fine details of the game while being good offensively.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’m not even a Hawks fan, but you’ve got to be joking. He’s a KID! Pretty early to write him off.

Yeah it’s the right move. He couldn’t play in the AHL last season otherwise that’s where he would have been last year as well for most of the season. I don’t really think it’s regression so much as being able to put Korchinski at the right level this year.

Reactions: Kevinsane

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs.

Ivan Ivan and Nikolai Kovalenko very likely to make the club. Nikolai Kovalenko probably in a middle six role.

Ritchie is going to get his nine games with Artturi Lehkonen not quite ready to play yet. Cal had a few goals and assists in the preseason. One super silky breakaway goal. Played on line one with Mack in the last preseason game. Future looks promising for that young buck. If he plays well in his nine games, he may just end up a fixture on the team this year and going forward.

Agree with the poster above that indicated he needs a little more seasoning, but Ritchie's post draft progress has been very encouraging. Kid looks like he's got the goods to play a top six C role in the NHL if he maintains his trajectory.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’m not even a Hawks fan, but you’ve got to be joking. He’s a KID! Pretty early to write him off.
Just ignore him or laugh at him like everyone else please. Worst troll we have. Lately it’s not even funny. He’s not even a rookie either

Reactions: Kevinsane

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
From what I gathered on my line tracking (put ?'s on the guys I'm not sure if they count)

ANA: Gauthier, Luneau, Zellweger
BOS: None
BUF: Kulich
CGY: Coronato, Honzek, Klapka, Wolf
CAR: None but I see Blake still in the mix
CHI: Allan
COL: Kovalenko, Ritchie, Ivan, Malinski
CBJ: One of Pyyhtia or Malatesta
DAL: Bourque, Stankoven
DET: Johansson
EDM: None
FLA: Samoskevich, Giles
LAK: Thomas
MIN: Ohgren, Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov
MTL: Kapanen, Heineman, Hutson
NSH: None
NJD: Casey
NYI: Tsyplakov
NYR: Edstrom, Mancini, Rempe
OTT: Kleven
PHI: Luchanko
PIT: McGroarty, St. Ivany, Blomqvist
SJS: Celebrini, Smith, Mukhamadullin
SEA: Winterton
STL: Bolduc
TBL: Geekie
TOR: None
UTA: Doan
VAN: Raty, Bains
VGK: Brisson
WSH: None
WPG: Salomonsson

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRangy and Osprey

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers most likely will have Rempe, Edstrom, and Mancini.

First two made it and will play on the fourth line. Mancini is a placeholder until Lindgren returns. I just don’t see how he won’t be sent down when Lindgren returns. Tough to say when that might be. Could be Lindgren makes it back for the first game or misses a few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad