Rookies that made your team's opening day roster

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have Silovs in net.
Raty and Bains still up and fighting for jobs but when injured players come back only one at most will stick. Probably Bains I’m guessing but not many spots open at forward with a healthy lineup so could be none.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Silovs (likely #1 with Demko out), Raty (wait is he a rookie?) and Bains. Liking this new wave of kids, with more to come.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
How is that possible? He barely had any NHL games prior to last year

21/22 was his last year of eligibility

To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, a player must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept. 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
How is that possible? He barely had any NHL games prior to last year

He lost rookie status in his second season. 6+ games in each of two seasons means you're out of the Calder contention. He played 6 in 20-21 and 10 in 21-22 so he already wasn't a rookie in 22-23 2 years ago.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not sure yet, possibly starts the season, then goes back. ?
He’s looked good though, and put up more points than I thought, 7 in 4 games.
if he keeps playing at the same level I can't see them justifying sending him back down, his IQ, confidence and poise were eye opening for a kid just drafted

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad