Confirmed with Link: Rookie Tournament, Sept. 13-16 - [UPD] Rookie Camp Roster Announced.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
For a change, I'm looking forward to watching the defenseman prospects more than the forwards.
I'm just glad that Duda is there! Maybe they have a GPS device on him this time!
Too bad about the other Russians. Hope their war is over by next year...

Reactions: MIGs Dog

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
think about this team making the playoffs and then the following season we get to add Simashev, But, Lamoureux, and Iginla

Future sure is looking bright
It's a good problem to have but it's hard to imagine being able to integrate that many rookies at the same time. I'm pretty sure they'll all be ready and will force the issue.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It's a good problem to have but it's hard to imagine being able to integrate that many rookies at the same time. I'm pretty sure they'll all be ready and will force the issue.
It'll be about getting them ready for playoff hockey, not about making the NHL right away.
Another question is who do they replace and then - when? I also don't expect it to be an easy answer for GMBA, as I figure him to overly care about the replaced players. I figure he'll be more incline to let them stay and develop in the A (or back to juniors as with the case for Tij and why I brought up giving him his 9 games THIS season). But nonetheless, it will be interesting how it will develop!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We actually have done an impressive job thus far incorporating youth. Guenther especially straling a job. Doan may also do that this camp

I’d prefer Iginla playing top line C in junior than 9 games as an 18 year old as a wing.
I would be very surprised if Doan is not in the top 9 from the get go.

My surprise could make the team guy is Matikka. Not likely, I know, as UHC have a lot of depth and the only way he makes it is to supplant a veteran.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I gotta say that I'm pretty damn excited for the season to start. More than I thought I'd be a few months ago.

I'm blown away by all the young talent BA has acquired. So much talent that it's easy to forget a player or two when thinking about the prospects in the pipeline that have potential.

It;s gonna be fun watching this rebuild unfold from here on out. Cup or not we should have some really entertaining hockey to watch for years to come. Best we've had since the Tkachuk-Roenick era. That's what I think (hope.)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $707.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $325.00