Confirmed with Link: Rookie Tournament, Sept. 13-16 - [UPD] Rookie Camp Roster Announced.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Most of the talent in this squad is on the back end. Which is the opposite of last year's group so once Bill gets the best of both groups together we should be looking at some great hockey in another year or two.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Three of our best prospects aren't participating in this tournament so unless the players that are there look like complete crap, I'm not concerned.

Would be a much better roster with those 3 that might've beaten San Jose.

The Kings announcers yesterday said San Jose is loaded. And it showed. I think our D played well enough to keep them in check other than giving up too many power plays.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis
Just an overall fan of Lutz, how has he looked in rookie camp?
I had the game against Vegas on today, but I was working so I missed a lot of it. I like the way that he carried the puck at times. When he could pull it off, he made some good transitions and moved the puck up ice and turned those into solid o-zone entries a few times.

Reactions: Sombastate

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
It will be interesting to see where our draft picks are ranked league wide. Hockey News should be releasing soon. I see us somewhere around 7 or 8. That's with Doan. Honestly asking shouldn't we be better than this with years of tanking? Not talking the major team I am talking prospects. We were badly out played most of the time. Geekie wouldn't of made a difference.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Honestly asking shouldn't we be better than this with years of tanking? Not talking the major team I am talking prospects. We were badly out played most of the time. Geekie wouldn't of made a difference.

Iginla, But, and Simashev didn't play in the tournament. (The Hockey Writers Top 100 prospects: 16. Tij Iginla / 57. Daniil But / 59. Dmitri Simishev / 77. Maveric Lamoureux) So three of our top prospects that haven't already graduated were not there.

Speaking of graduated... Cooley and Guenther both graduated and weren't participating in the tournament. Both players were drafted under BA's tenure and are both huuuuuge parts of the rebuild.

Doan wasn't at the tournament either and he impressed in his short NHL stint at the end of last season.

Long story short (too late, I know lol) these tournaments don't always paint an accurate picture. Many of the most promising players BA acquired during the rebuild weren't even there for various reasons.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad