Rogers Communications has acquired BCE’s 37.5% stake in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hear , hear... well said, to get fired for saying the phrase "those people", is beyond reasonable, it is moronic TBH. The way you handle woke people is you dont feed them, when they are going in hysterics over some innocuous issue, ignore them, dont respond, dont fight with them, dont interact with them, dont react, dont give them the food they need to survive, which is attention.

This sounds silly but most people dont really understand what is bad and good any more, they just react to emotions, one person has hurt feelings so it must be bad , so now we need to have a demonstration that shuts down society to support that one person - I'm being facetious to make a point.

End of the day if your feelings are hurt, maybe your feelings needed to be hurt. Pain is the connective tissue that makes you stronger. Cherry did nothing that justified a dismissal. He was a victim of a spineless employer.

Like?

Everyone under the sun with a brain including turncoat Ron MacShame knew those people were anyone and everyone including those from Europe etc. It was those non Canadians that just came here and don't know about the Poppy and Canada in ww1 and ww2 or our sport.

Could not believe my ears when they canned him for that. Why not just let him go after the season because his age.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It was "you people".

Lol. Do you know how many people use you people? A concert. A seminar. You people don't know. You people out there, especially those in the back. It's just silly. You people that get what I am saying. You people that don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: MilkofthePoppy

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Well Mr. Woke.
Cherry was not perfect but he was 100% Canadian, and is 100% correct in demanding people respect the uniforms and those who serve.
I don't think that was in question. The real issue was...does it belong on a hockey broadcast, at the expense of...oh, I don't know...HOCKEY TALK. And btw...ain't nobody has the right to DEMAND I do anything. I understand being expected or asked not to DISREPECT the uniform or someone's chosen career path. But I'm not venerating anything just because you, or Don f***in' Cherry or anybody thinks I should. And that's not woke, sir. That's freedom of choice.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I don't think that was in question. The real issue was...does it belong on a hockey broadcast, at the expense of...oh, I don't know...HOCKEY TALK. And btw...ain't nobody has the right to DEMAND I do anything. I understand being expected or asked not to DISREPECT the uniform or someone's chosen career path. But I'm not venerating anything just because you, or Don f***in' Cherry or anybody thinks I should. And that's not woke, sir. That's freedom of choice.

In my 30 years watching Hockey Night In Canada Cherry always gave shout-outs to members of our armed service and police.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Not quite. When you choose to come to Canada, you accept our rituals and important patriotic times. If the flippin place you came from had any respect you would still be there. Cherry was a man of integrity, crazy at times but had integrity. When our government refuses to be proud of those who kept this country and Europe free, who died and sacrificed so new Canadians had a place to come to, someone has to make the point. I wish he was still on ripping the government for canceling 10 marching bands representing regiments across this once great country. Standing up for our men and women in uniform is the only thing to do.
No doubt you felt sorry for Russia in 72...no doubt you hated Esposito speech in Vanvouver,
This November, don't wear a poppy, don't drop a couple bucks in the box but sit with your friends and enjoy your freedom.
You earn freedom, it is not given to anyone, but many who live here now seem to forget who gave them the freedom. It may not be woke, but very flippin close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad