GDT: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - Tuesday @ 8 PM

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ya it sure would be terrible to prospectively get a better defenseman to replace him for the same amount of total cap it.
Who are you getting at $5m/yr long term in a rising cap world that is the answer to the Oilers top 4 woes? I'd rather just attach assets, 1st++, to move the entire contract. Just make a clean break and bring in a real Dman.

The reality is that Nurse isn't going anywhere and the Oilers are screwed as a result.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Who are you getting at $5m/yr long term in a rising cap world that is the answer to the Oilers top 4 woes? I'd rather just attach assets, 1st++, to move the entire contract. Just make a clean break and bring in a real Dman.

The reality is that Nurse isn't going anywhere and the Oilers are screwed as a result.
You called it years ago about that contract being a disaster for the Oilers and might prevent them from winning a Cup.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Never said anything is an “answer,” but I am pretty confident that Nurse can be upgraded on for $5M at this point.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Never said anything is an “answer,” but I am pretty confident that Nurse can be upgraded on for $5M at this point.
Maybe but the Oilers have also failed to merely upgrade Cody Ceci and this current management team seems no better (worse even) so..,..easier said than done. I just really really hate dead cap and full retention on Nurse is a whole crapload of that for a long time.

You called it years ago about that contract being a disaster for the Oilers and might prevent them from winning a Cup.
I think even Stevie Wonder could see that coming. I deserve no credit for knowing what everybody else outside of Kenny Holland knew.

North

Jun 25, 2009
This. He’s not even earning half the value of his contract. He’s that bad.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
My friend is inviting me to the game.

Wish me luck boys.

Knoblauch isn’t inviting you, he’s reminding you to show up for work and get Nurse playing at atleast half of his contract value.

Sorry, my sleep deprived brain got carried away. Enjoy the game though!

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Knoblauch isn’t inviting you, he’s reminding you to show up for work and get Nurse playing at at least half of his contract value.

Sorry, my sleep deprived brain got carried away. Enjoy the game though!
"Just score 138 pts this season, why can't you? Are you stupid?"

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Knob is using the lazy "load up line 1" strategy

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

Jeff Skinner has looked good and shoots a ton and he gets demoted

Can't drive a line to save his life, RNH, now 2nd line C

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe but the Oilers have also failed to merely upgrade Cody Ceci and this current management team seems no better (worse even) so..,..easier said than done. I just really really hate dead cap and full retention on Nurse is a whole crapload of that for a long time.

I think even Stevie Wonder could see that coming. I deserve no credit for knowing what everybody else outside of Kenny Holland knew.
I mean it was definitely widely praised here at the time. Ken Holland was an utter fool.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

That RNH line will be a special kind of shit and I am a well know RNH fan. I wonder if Janmark is in essence playing himself out of the lineup? Give me someone that can crack some skulls in place of Podkolzin please.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

tumblr_m5f6bv39ry1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

When do we get to the part where the Queen of Hearts starts saying "off with their heads"?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'll preface this by saying Knoblach should not lose his job this season absolutely no matter what happens, but I have not been very impressed with his approach so far this season.

That said, I bet we win this game and McDrai combine for like 10 points.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I like the idea of shaking up the lines but I hate this configuration. Nuge can’t be the 2C and I would have preferred him bumped to the third line. McDavid and Draisaitl need to figure things out without being stapled to one another. They still get powerplays and the odd shifts together, that should be enough.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-RNH-Arvidsson
Skinner-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner

I'm ok with it when it's done once in awhile but put Hyman with RNH to help out the 2nd line.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Avs are win less and it's...

The GM has to go
Fire the coach
We need a goalie
The dman must be hurt
Everyone's lazy

How dare they steal our excuses

Just not enough good goalies these days. even a team with makar and mackinnon is struggling right now due to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $725.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lithuania vs Romania
    Lithuania vs Romania
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $790.00