Pre-Game Talk: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - Tuesday @ 8 PM

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I was saying that earlier too. These slow starts , relying on another huge win streak just isn’t practical. It’s not even that we are losing games, it’s how we are losing. Blown out and out scored 15-3. We will eventually get it going no doubt, but might be too late by the time we do if we keep this up.
Agreed and some of it was quite predictable.

A "hot" summer and a lot of great press clippings.

Reactions: tardigrade81

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Who is the most prepared if a hurricane or tornado hits??
Exactly

1728939467772.png

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Rocky always reminds me of the time that Bill Burr was doing a show in Philly and the crowd was booing a bunch, so he went out there, threw out his act and just shit on Philly for like 10 minutes.

"Rocky is your hero. The whole pride of your city is built around a guy that doesn't even exist. You built a statue for some 3 foot tall Italian, you stupid Philly cheese eating jackasses"

It's worth the watch on Youtube if you've got 12 minutes to kill.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I was saying that earlier too. These slow starts , relying on another huge win streak just isn’t practical. It’s not even that we are losing games, it’s how we are losing. Blown out and out scored 15-3. We will eventually get it going no doubt, but might be too late by the time we do if we keep this up.
As bad as the 0-3 start is it’s the 3-15 stat that should be worrying people. We aren’t competitive at all by the second half of the game. Even last night we were tied after 2 periods only to give up 3 unanswered goals in the third period. We aren’t a bit of puck luck or a good bounce from turning this around. We are getting destroyed by every team we play. I’d be satisfied with competing at this point. We aren’t going to start winning any games until that starts first.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
As bad as the 0-3 start is it’s the 3-15 stat that should be worrying people. We aren’t competitive at all by the second half of the game. Even last night we were tied after 2 periods only to give up 3 unanswered goals in the third period. We aren’t a bit of puck luck or a good bounce from turning this around. We are getting destroyed by every team we play. I’d be satisfied with competing at this point. We aren’t going to start winning any games until that starts first.
Agreed well said

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Its very similar to last year. Last year it didn’t feel like it was going to turn around either (to me anyway) until the coaching change was made. Obviously we’re early but its hard to see the light at the moment.

The team just refuses to work hard and take matters into their own hands. Feels like we are just waiting around for something bad to happen. Then we start to push when we’re already down or its too late.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rocky always reminds me of the time that Bill Burr was doing a show in Philly and the crowd was booing a bunch, so he went out there, threw out his act and just shit on Philly for like 10 minutes.

"Rocky is your hero. The whole pride of your city is built around a guy that doesn't even exist. You built a statue for some 3 foot tall Italian, you stupid Philly cheese eating jackasses"

It's worth the watch on Youtube if you've got 12 minutes to kill.
Wow, just watched it, that was epic! Do you think that he doesn't like Philly? :lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad