Rochester and Cincinnati All-Purpose Thread 2022-2023 Season (Conference Finals: Hershey wins 4-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
For those of us without a feed, what is the score?
1-0 Hershey. 2 mins and 20 seconds left, and Hershey has a power play just starting. Amerks havent generated much this period. Frustrating, but Hershey is superior defensively.

Reactions: Ron C.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
f***. Frustrating. I havent been this annoyed at a hockey game in a while.

That appeared to be a clear high stick. That's on Murray.
Yeah, just got the replay but after the amount of stuff they’ve turned a blind eye to, they make that call knowing it’s a death sentence.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
The thing is, it's completely in character for the Bears to commit about 5 penalties per shift, because they won't call everything.

I mean, Warren has his stick held for 5 seconds and then ripped right out of his hands. Perfect chance to make things right and...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We outplayed them in two losses but reffing and goaltending got them. So they traded offense for size and couldn’t score. Got what they asked for.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Great season for the Amerks.

I hope the everyone in the Sabres organization watched this series, not just the prospects. Until the NHL gets it collective heads out of their asses, this is what playoff hockey is. Be ready for it.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Good run, I guess I can't be too mad.

But man, 1 for 14/15 on the PP is just not good enough. In the end that's what cost us because generating 5 on 5 offense against Hershey seems impossible

Reactions: Sansbacon

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Really proud of this group and grateful to them for reminding us of hockey that makes us feel something. Time for our young boys to go get some R&R and start prepping for a critical summer. Oh and f*** the entire Capitals organization moving forward, just because.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Good run, I guess I can't be too mad.

But man, 1 for 14/15 on the PP is just not good enough. In the end that's what cost us because generating 5 on 5 offense against Hershey seems impossible
Outscored 4 on 4, too. Ironically it was the special teams that were played that decided the series. Rochester ended the series with more PP's and were outscored 5-1 in non-even strength situations (excluding empty netters). Refs let things go both ways. It's hard to imagine a more penalty filled series benefitting the Amerks the way their special teams played.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Awful, awful, awful way to lose. Glad I didn't go. 1-0? Nothing for the fans to cheer about. Hershey didn't dominate this series, but they were way more organized and were the better team by a fair margin.

That being said, good season, but I am pissed with the way it ended. I'd assume Hershey had more veteran players on their squad, and if that's the case, it's hard to blame the Amerks players too much given the state of the roster.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Great run, I wasn't sure if they could go all the way but I enjoyed the ride for as long as it lasted. I still think they could have taken this series with a few adjustments

Until next year fellas

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Great season for the Amerks.

I hope the everyone in the Sabres organization watched this series, not just the prospects. Until the NHL gets it collective heads out of their asses, this is what playoff hockey is. Be ready for it.
The NHL (and hockey management in general) are collectively some of the most regressive, spiteful, and nepotism-laden group of old boys. They will never change, and this type of hockey will continue to win in the playoffs while they wonder why the sport cannot draw a following. The only positive changes in the NHL have occurred after lockouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad